Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ironic how BT is becomming like the Scene

Angry

I joined this forum simply to make this one post. Does anybody else find it funny that Bittorrent, once known as a file sharing medium for the masses, has started to turn into an elitest group of self-absorbed asses?

I'm looking at some of these threads and am honestly thinking to myself that it'd be easier to join the ACTUAL scene rather than put up with all of this bullshit. What's worse are the sites with only special uploaders, because then the users are contributing little more than bandwidth.

What I find lame too is people uploading stuff and taking credit for it as if it was their creation (scene stuff mostly, though obvisouly this isn't always the case). You can be sure that I don't bother with any of it, I'm well setup in terms of getting pretty much anything I need, without BT. I was a member of Torrentbits back in the day, as well as Elite... but the whole torrent scene is just sad now.

My opinion, does anybody else agree?
    Last edited by Truthfully; 04-23-2008 at 02:47 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Yeah, I agree.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Yeah, I agree.
    I don't.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Depends what site i suppose, i can only talk about mine and our reasons for only letting uploaders upload. (and SPU to fill request)

We allowed everyone before, and it was a mess, Crap descriptions, Dupes, Uploaded in the wrong cat, Fakes, Viruses, Apps when we dont allow apps, Movies when we dont allow movies, you get the idea.

Its also not that hard to become an uploader, just get to PU and Apply, you dont need a min speed, as long as you can upload 1 thing every 2 weeks you will be fine.

as for uploaders claiming it to be theirs, ive never really noticed that on BCG, and we even have a rule in place, that once it is snatched, does not matter what torrent it is, the snatcher is free do do whatever he wishes with it. I personally think that, if you snatch it and dont upload anywhere else mentality is totally hypocritcal. but each site to their own i suppose, i just dont agree with it at all.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Disagree but partially you are correct..
    Don't you think its Not so Easy to get into sc*n* so easily then none would have created such Tough Rules to follow about Ratio and all for Private Trackers.
    The one who needs will find it but certainly after some more time..
    Scene is just not a place to Get into for getting your Desired apps and needs whatever..

Just look at some warez site for example.. its all scene productivity of crac*s,keyg*ns and patches.. will you say Warez site are becoming like scene then ?

Quote Originally Posted by Truthfully View Post

I'm looking at some of these threads and am honestly thinking to myself that it'd be easier to join the ACTUAL scene rather than put up with all

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    escuoop's Avatar ♥♥♥ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I agree with stoi, when I have to use public trackers I can't download unless it has a comments about the file and that doesn't mean it's viruses free.

even with movies I remember u get bad quality or unknown language's subtitle embedded in the movie.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    I prefer priv. sites that let anyone upload. If someone has managed to find their way to an "exclusive" tracker, they are probably fairly experienced BT users. Allowing a select few to upload kills selection, and doesn't do much for the sites community imo.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by M3dium View Post
    I prefer priv. sites that let anyone upload. If someone has managed to find their way to an "exclusive" tracker, they are probably fairly experienced BT users. Allowing a select few to upload kills selection, and doesn't do much for the sites community imo.
    like i said depends on the tracker, a tracker with 1000-5000 members then yeah let everyone upload, as its pretty easy for the staff to handle and keep on top of, a site with 50,000 members though, it would be folly to do so.

and lack of content, hmm we have about 120 uploaders, and we have over 6000 games torrents on the tracker, i wouldnt say there was a lack of content there.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    SenorBubbz's Avatar /¨_¨°.-.§.-.°¨_¨\ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Yeah, I agree.
    So do I, yet... I always come back for more.

It's a disease
    o hai

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Truthfully View Post
    Bittorrent, once known as a file sharing medium for the masses, has started to turn into an elitest group of self-absorbed asses?
    I can't agree with that statement,it should be self- important asses.

No seriously some private trackers are restrictive but it's a fair price to pay not to having to worry so much about everything you download.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast