Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FST Should Respect The Rules Of Trackers And Uphold Them Here!

Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    As a Usenet geek originally because P2P wasn't around when the Net started this is where us geeks hung out to get our stuff, later Warez.com sprang to the scene and the name Warez was coined, then sometime down the road P2P came into being and so begins where I stand today using Usenet along with P2P.

Since I'm an old school Usenet geek and software pirate I have not hung around the private tracker torrent scene that long, and now I realize many trackers typically have the same rules. Lower level trackers will allow or tolerate public invites and giveaways, but the higher level trackers won't.

Does FST respect these rules of the higher level trackers and enforce them here? Because I don't see this happening...

Old school PC geeks have a code of ethics, actually let me rephrase that to also include, 'REAL PC GEEKS', and if you've been around as long as I have then you'd know this, that it isn't just some free for all, sprawl. Simply put real pirates respect each other...

If FST does not enforce the rules of trackers then unsuspecting people will then find their accounts banned.

I also believe as real PC geeks do, we get our names and we keep to them. Real pirates don't go around hiding under the disguise of other nicks unless there are problems, and joining a tracker in respect is not a problem that someone needs to hide under another name, even for security sake, all you need to do is just use good passwords, different on each tracker is all.

For all of our names I hope FST will help to enforce, because I for one like my name, and I hope to maintain a good name, not find myself on the end of a ban, because people invite me, and tarnish my name.

So if you think allowing these trades, invites and giveaways a cool thing, and just tell people to use a different nick so you can just beat the system, then this is wrong and it simply just undermines everything and then the pirates of the Net truly have no code of respect, or honor, and I'm old school and we have respect, so please let us start respecting the wishes of the trackers on FST, and show them this is a good place!

PEACE
    Last edited by DasFox; 04-22-2008 at 06:50 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    i feel the same way. down with all trading! invites to friends only-if any given!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    VIZFX's Avatar Looking at You! BT Rep: +2
    It's not FST's resposibility to enforce tracker's rules. FST is a free community. You get the "good" and the "bad." If you don't like it, then don't do it.

If some person doesn't follow their tracker's rules, its not FST problem. You break the rules, knowly or unknowly, you take your chaces. Simple.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by VIZFX View Post
    It's not FST's resposibility to enforce tracker's rules. FST is a free community. You get the "good" and the "bad." If you don't like it, then don't do it.

If some person doesn't follow their tracker's rules, its not FST problem. You break the rules, knowly or unknowly, you take your chaces. Simple.
    Actually the issues here are not about who's responsible and who is not, it's all about respect and honor as a pirate geek, as I stated before I'm a old school geek, I've been around doing this since the day it was born, so I am far from new to any of this, I am the guy that shows the newbies how it's done, and how we pass our wares and respect down from one to another.

FST is a Filesharing community which allows people to deal with invites on the forum here, in doing so should show RESPECT and deal with this situation, that's all there really is to it.

All forums have MODS, mods moderate forums and keep order, and it's real simple for them to lock and close these types of posts.

If FST does not do this, then it shows the community out there it has no respect for it, and that's not cool...

So really all it gets down to is what respect do we have for each other?

PEACE

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    BANNED BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    i agree my friend nice points

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    bittorrent invites and the ability to trade hence get them is fst's main attraction nowadays. fst needs those rule breaking members, that's why you won't see any changes here.

although you will find many good users who love their sites and respect tracker rules. some even have their own section.

i don't warn people who break site rules anymore. i don't give them advice about what consequences their actions may lead to. i don't argue against it anymore. let them all be banned. as long as their stupidity doesn't affect my accounts i don't care anymore.

when i started here i felt sorry for every single user in all these "got banned, disabled, account stolen" threads. today i'm just saying to myself: another one who can't obey simple rules that every 11yo child should understand and one bad apple less on the tracker i like.

it's hopeless. they will only learn when they get banned, scammed and disabled. so let them get what they deserve. no need to interfere. let them walk straight into the trap.

i warned and adviced n00bs several times. i told them so many times that they could get banned for what they are doing. two weeks later you see them dealing another account.

there is no code of honor, no respect. it's all about invites. the faster, the better. no matter how, no matter what.

at least there are other bittorrent related forums where the members respect site rules and staff does not condone members who break them.

fst has its own rules. they are independent from any tracker. as long as members don't break the rules here, they can do whatever they want.

let the lambs walk to the slaughterhouse, i'm not going to stop them.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 04-22-2008 at 08:35 PM. Reason: spelling

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    PolarBear has a point..

I have never thought about it that way..

Another Life Lesson from PB!

:p

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Well you said it Polarbear, there is no respect, and is this the kind of people we are in life?

So we lie, cheat and steal in life, and then walk into a forum and do the same, the problem is these people have no self respect or integrity.

So the other question is, are you this kind of person, do you hang around with these types of people, and do we bring integrity to our forum, or do we allow it just to be a place of lies and no self respect?

As I said the name of the game is not about rules, it's who are you when you look at yourself in the mirror and where is your self respect to allow this type of thing in your life, and in your forum?

Well people might say, HEY Das get over it, it's just file sharing, what's the harm? Well I'll tell you, if you have to ask, then maybe you need to figure it out, because I know what this all means, and it's not just about sharing and pirating, it's about a way of life, and in life, you either are a person of integrity, or you're not...

If FST has self respect, and believes in respect for others and the Filesharing community, then it will Police itself and show this respect, otherwise who are we really as people, just some free for all Anarchy Fest?

PEACE

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Trackers have their own rules and we have ours.

It is not the duty of FST mods/admin to uphold the rules of any other sites or forums. I find it a bit silly when members seem to think we should be policing and enforcing another sites rules. It really has nothing to do with us.

yo

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I think it does have something to do with you guys..

Trackers will have a lesser opinion of FST and it's members if you don't respect their rules.

Correct me if I'm wrong but forums are supposed to put members first eh?

I have heard some people say they got banned/disabled at trackers just for being a member here.

I'm not disrespecting staff,I'm just saying my opinion..

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast