Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A question about CZone

Annoyed's Avatar Gamer BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Actually, this question is about CZone and µtorrent 1.7.7.

CZone recommends 1.7.6 or 1.6.1, because they say that 1.7.7 sends invalid data. 1.7.7 isn't banned from the site, mind you...But if it does ever send invalid data, I could get banned because it looks like I'm faking my ratio.

So, I was just going to go down to 1.7.6, and use it for all trackers. But not all trackers allow 1.7.6(Scl for sure doesn't allow it, and I'm not positive about Bitmetv, it doesn't specifically say 1.7.6 is banned, but they don't show 1.7.6 in the Currently Allowed Versions).

Now, I'm not sure what I should do. I'm not sure if I should just keep using 1.7.7 as I have been, and hope I don't get banned from the one tracker that is recommending not to use it. Or use both 1.7.6(for CZone) and 1.7.7(for all my other trackers) at the sametime.

So does anyone have any recommendations for me? Anyone else using 1.7.7 at CZone? I was using 1.7.7 there months before it crashed, and never had a problem.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    KravenX's Avatar CZ Adm|n & sFZ Help
    upgrade to 1.8 or continue to use 1.7.7 (with some risks though..)

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Ok, thank you for the response KravenX.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    i think 1.8 is still beta though, i know BCG doesnt accept it yet, not sure about other trackers though. but you may find a lot dont.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    <Using Ut1.7.7 ( old site and new ) I'm in same boat other sites are not compatible
    with other clients

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    i think 1.8 is still beta though, i know BCG doesnt accept it yet, not sure about other trackers though. but you may find a lot dont.
    Yeah, I didn't see beta in the allowed list at your site(and I doubt you're going to allow beta's anytime soon). Also, BTmusic doesn't allow beta's. And since BCG and BTmusic are my two must used sites, that kind of rules that out.

I'm either going to have to run 1.7.6/1/6.6.1(just for CZone), or keep taking my chances with 1.7.7 at CZone. But...I have used 1.7.7 since their last open sign ups at the end of last year. And when was that, the end of November, early December? And I haven't had no problems since. So maybe I'll be safe.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    The Wanderer's Avatar e pluribus unum
    Stoi, 1.8 beta is more stable and far more superior to 1.7.7 in any aspect. The most important feature for me in 1.8 is the disk management (read/write) which is really important when you're downloading large files.

I think every tracker should allowed 1.8 beta even for the fact that it has already 6 months of testing.

Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    Live long and prosper.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    WardenRo's Avatar Member
    I'm using 1.7.7 and I have absolutely no problem (Czone included), but it is true that some users had problems with it (faulty reporting). I guess it's a matter of luck somehow... They'll release 1.8 soon anyway.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i used 1.7.7 in Czone have no problems yet 3 weeks !

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    m0nEy's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Use 1.7.7 else you won't be able to download from TL,bitme etc .Almost 4 weeks using it in cZone with no problems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast