Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: best UK ISP *for torrenting* ???

Poster BT Rep: +1
    -mods, please leave this in this category (nobody reads the internet section, and this has to do w/ torrenting). thanks!!

howdy. probably moving to the UK for a while in the near future. looks like Be Pro is the fastest and has unlimited usage, but are they torrent friendly? if not, does RC4 work? if not, what do u guys recommend?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    punki_rach's Avatar El Chupanibre BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    I'm on be pro. It's ok, nothing special really. Not sure I'd recommend it but I wouldn't not recommend it if you see what I mean. Although I've just seen in the waffles forum a topic about a be user getting a letter about illegal torrenting (from be) so maybe you shouldn't go for it. I don't know much about the alternatives though

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by punki_rach View Post
    I'm on be pro. It's ok, nothing special really. Not sure I'd recommend it but I wouldn't not recommend it if you see what I mean. Although I've just seen in the waffles forum a topic about a be user getting a letter about illegal torrenting (from be) so maybe you shouldn't go for it. I don't know much about the alternatives though
    Damm, l was about to switch to Be from bt.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    DeadCell's Avatar *sigh*
    Tiscali leave me alone but the upload is one of the worst i have ever seen at 20kbps on the 8 meg package, so a seedbox is a must on tiscali.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by punki_rach View Post
    They only send a letter if they get told to from the suits, ie if an agency sends them an IP of someone they found torrenting.

If you protect yourself like you should do, BeThere will leave you alone. PG2, seeedbox, the more secure private sites all help to keep you off the radar, and BeThere have crazy limits before you even appear on the quantity download radar, something like 10TB per month!

I would recommend BeThere without hesitation.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Virgin media cable, BE internet.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    I would recommend BeThere without hesitation.

Its Be for me as well. They piss on BT, Tiscali, and Bulldog for service and speed; these companies I have tried and regretted.

One problem you might have: check to see if you are in one of the spotty connection or blackspot areas before hand. One of them was in middle England, the other somewhere in central London (so I dont care!) and there were some complaints in the Be forum about this. I seem to remember that this was BT's fault and they were being very slow to repair things.

Dont use the BeBox though...

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Ovh

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by yayyyyyy View Post
    Ovh
    Eh??
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    lol, ovh is not a domestic ISP.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast