I am working on a new update feature for Kazaa Lite. it will have the following features:
1. CRC checking of the old and the new file, to ensure even small resource changes are available.
2. Filesize verification.
3. Ability to pick the updates.
4. Ability to choose from a list of available mirrors.
5. Multi threaded operation.
6. Customisable memory for downloading updates.
7. Description for each component of the download.
8. Ability to see which date the download/update was posted.
9. Ability to mark an update as critical, or not.
In order to implement this, I will need the following:
1. A fast server w/ FTP access, so that I can upload a small text file to it. I cant do it on my server, because it will insert its own ad text into all ascii files.
2. I should be able to upload the core Kazaa files to the server. So atleast 5-8MB of server space.
I would be using this server for testing purposes only. Not much bandwidth would be utilised. Please do not suggest a free server. Most of them are useless. I need someone to give me some space and FTP access on a personal server.