Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Books...

Most of the books that I'd like to check out are more on the "original" side. The type of stuff that'll make you think, and f*ck with your head. I know thats extremely broad, but if you want some background, I consider the best movie to be Se7en, with Fight Club close by. Other movies would be like "A Clockwork Orange", "The Cube"(even with its terrible ending...), and many others. Hopefully this helps.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I'm not much of a book reading addict, but i remember reading some book awhile back called Hatchet.. That book was soo good i read all the other sequals to it..

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance and you won't be disappointed. It should mess with your mind just fine and is just plain great. Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky is another.....The Doors od Perception by Aldous Huxley is about his experiences on hallucinogenics and his beliefs that they should be more commonly used.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    If you like horror:

Stephen King: The Stand
    Richard Layman: Any of his book, there all good (although a lil bit gory)
    James Herbert: Rats.. Lair... & Domain (3 seperate books), '48
    Dean Koontz is a good author too, as someone mentioned above

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Poster
    Alvin Toffler as already mention but I'd also point to his book The Third Wave, make you think, could make you start a revolution, lol

6. Lounge   -   #16
    One of my all-time favourite books is "Midnight" by Dean Koontz. I'd kill to see that in e-book format.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Series ---- Funny adventure through space and time

8. Lounge   -   #18
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    If you like comic fantasy, you won't find better than Terry Pratchett's Discworld Series.

I also highly recommend anything by Robert Rankin, but try starting with his Armageddon Trilogy: Armageddon the musical, They came and ate us, The suburban book of the dead.
    It's very funny stuff.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Originally posted by Embracer Of Darkness@7 October 2003 - 01:01
    One of my all-time favourite books is "Midnight" by Dean Koontz. I'd kill to see that in e-book format.
    I have that this book in .txt format.... although its not very good (the format, not that book).

PM me if you want it

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Ex-member
    Lindsey Davis' series of books about the Roman informer Falco are fantastic. Gripping storylines, brilliant characterisation and occasionally side-splitting humour.

They are set in 1st-century Rome (and various parts of the Emipre), and the attention to historic detail is phenomenal - far from making the books boring, it enhances the atmosphere and feel of the books.

Give them a try; you can find out more at http://www.lindseydavis.com

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a source for them in electronic format

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast