Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alternative To Notepad?

Notepad has packed up on me, don't know why but i can't print text docs etc.

Not happy at all

So is there another piece of software i can get to do the job?

Ta

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    firstly i would check ya printer settings, if you can open notepad and save docs i would think its printer related, in note pad click file and then page setup>printer and see that it is showing your printer. have you tried printing a test page? can you print docs with other applications? are all the cables connected ok? does it give an error screen after you try and print? wot windows u running? more info you can give the better

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Uhh why don't you copy everything and paste it in wordpad or word?
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Forum Star
    UltraEdit is very good.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Ok ive managed to get wordpad to print after alot of messing about, still having some issues tho, like it hangs for an enternity! before printing

Another printer related issue, im now getting 'lines' thru my text, like a break up in the ink tried using the clean nozzle option and its reduced the amount of break up but i still get some.

Any advice on how to clean manually (if thats poss) to get perfect text.

Cheers Paul, i'll give UltraEdit a go don't like Wordpad/Notepad much.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    BANNED
    sniff.... I like notepad

as they said, its prolly a printer-related issue...

I wouldn't change notepad that easy... besides, notepad RULES cuz it doesnt eat ur resources...

DWk

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    either ya cartridges are empty or covered in crap, most printers you pull open the cover on lower front to get at ya cartridge, take them out and clean them with an alchohol solution or something that will dissolve ink (i have made do with window cleaner b4! ) you can see if they empty or not then. have you tried updating the driver for printer? go to manufacturers web site and download the latest one, what printer have you got just out of interest?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I use MetaPad as a Notepad replacement.
    It's very small (loads quick) but has a lot of features I miss in notepad.
    (like turning urls into clickable hyperlinks)

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by boyzeee@11 August 2003 - 11:37
    either ya cartridges are empty or covered in crap, most printers you pull open the cover on lower front to get at ya cartridge, take them out and clean them with an alchohol solution or something that will dissolve ink (i have made do with window cleaner b4! ) you can see if they empty or not then. have you tried updating the driver for printer? go to manufacturers web site and download the latest one, what printer have you got just out of interest?
    Having a few probs logging in so would have replied sooner anyways, i
    have a Epson C42ux (Lamsey's fav )

Thing is ive just replaced the black ink, but not with a Epson original and im thinking
    maybe thats the cause.

I'll take a look at it to see if its blocked/in need of a clean etc.

I thought id got a bargain compared to the Epson price of the cartridge... or maybe
    not!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Ex-member
    EditPad Lite is very good, and it's free.

It's as simple as Notepad, yet far more powerful.

(link and screenshot brought to you by the Freeware God )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast