View Poll Results: Accout GA/Trade - good/bad

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good. why not ( pls give ur reasons at the thread )

12 27.91%
  • No. ( pls give ur reasons at the thread )

30 69.77%
  • i didn't decided yet ( freak )

1 2.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Account GA - good/bad

MODERATION BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Hi all, Yeah it's me ( was away awhile ).
    So, I notice that some ppl are against the idea of - account giveaway.
    Then, here we are. voting in a poll, lemmi hear what u guys think of it

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    saqib's Avatar Levels killing BT BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    it is a big NO . ur account is meant for ur personal use only , there is no difference in trading account and just give it away . in both cases ownership changes .

here's my appeal: don't let invites become a currency!
    ( courtesy .PolarBear )

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Bad. Your account is your identity, not someone elses.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    No, if you don't need the acc just delete it. The same thing with the invites, give them to your friends, people that you really trust.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    If you can't get join a tracker by the rules, you have no right to be a member. Before you've even become a part of the community, you have already disrespected it and misrepresented yourself as someone else. So, anyone who receives an account is a liar who disrespects the rules of trackers. I don't want any part of that. I won't take an account from anyone and I won't give any away.

Trust me, I have a bunch of accounts that I'd love to give to good users here, but it is against their rules. Just because I'm done with them or don't use them much, doesn't mean that I can now disregard the tracker's rules and giveaway my nicely buffered account.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    I think it's ok, except if account is on community based tracker like ScL.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Account giveaway is no different from invite giveaways for most trackers. Both giveaways are against most trackers rules, as they want you to invite people you know and trust, not strangers. Its hypocritical to say invite giveaways are fine but account giveaways are not.

Edit: I'm not saying account giveaways are good, I'm just saying they are no different then invite giveaways, thats all...

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    J-G's Avatar Zazhigaem
    Account GA is very bad thing. dunson already say all that need to say.
    Invites GA is the same. There is no difference (ok there is) but that's against rules too.
    It's nice to help ppl's but giving away just for some kind a rep shit is lame.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    MODERATION BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    I say.. u don't wanna the acount - PM staff that they disable/delete it.
    so for me NO

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    it isn't a good thing.

1. the account is meant for you. Your inviter had enough trust to invite u; giving away account would be betraying him

2. the account buffer can be misused by new account holder

3. new account holder takes on identify of the old one. so if he sells invites...the old ip that is attached with it can get in trouble.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast