Thread: who is banning who?

i decided to try uploading/downloading from school to take advantage of the speed - but some of the trackers dont work - i get "forbidden" -

is there a way around this?

EDIT: bitme not working - docs.torrents working - piratebay working - demonoid (not working)

thank you
    Last edited by rajbakwas; 04-27-2008 at 11:49 PM. Reason: adding information

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    saqib's Avatar Levels killing BT BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by rajbakwas View Post
    i decided to try uploading/downloading from school to take advantage of the speed - but some of the trackers dont work - i get "forbidden" -

try to figure out what kind of trackers r working...i mean b more specific , name working /non working trackers , so that some experts can explain reasons and work around to fix it

here's my appeal: don't let invites become a currency!
    ( courtesy .PolarBear )

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    HDR's Avatar SEED.OR.DiE-GOT.iT ? BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55

Your school is blocking the sites, nothing else. And off course is there a way, but i don't know really how because i've read it some months ago in a forum of my country.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    You're probably going to have to tunnel out using a VPN. That might be hard to set up for you...but I believe a service like TorrentFreedom might help.

The IT student who controlled the network at my girlfriend's old place just totally blocked the word torrent from being searched/downloaded/etc. Except for herself of course...

Wait: ThePirateBay of all places works??? Sounds like you may be on a network that has been banned by those sites...maybe another student is a big cheater.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80

EDIT: bitme not working - docs.torrents working - piratebay working - demonoid (not working)

thank you
    consider urself lucky!

from my lab, torrent doesn't work by any mean. I can't visit most trackers and on top of that up/down doesn't work either.

from dorm, everything works fine though

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    found this on this forum-see if the uni has a Dc++ or-
    read the article.
    http://torrentfreak.com/purdue-unive...s-riaa-080415/

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    thanks everyone- yeah, I think it might be too tough to get around the school thing - ill count myself lucky that something is working at least - wish I was at purdue!

also, we had a DC++ at one point. but I doubt they would have the content I am looking for - it was good for music and such though.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    conopida's Avatar PopeyeTheSailorMan BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Member BT Rep: +5
    DL/UL is a stupid thing to do at school The RIAA is on that of late