Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: has anybody installed sp3 yet?

Having run three PC's for nearly 5 years without a format and reinstall, I prepared for the final SP3 release with a cleanup and file save, then formated out two of the three systems C drives, and installed a slipstreamed version of XP pro SP3. Aside from a few refusals to restart correctly (after installing some software or drivers, it got to the background screen but explorer didn't load) I have had no problems, Each system only did it once (deamon tools on one and ATI graphics on the other) and a restart from the front of the case made it go away. Both times the software said it had to restart the pc to load. On the original Daemon tools, after the restart it froze at the background screen but loaded after a forced restart. The same was true for the ATI graphics, it said after restarting it would preform some tests and after resstarting it froze just like the Daemon tools install. A forced resart for the graphics though never did run the tests. In case your wondering the system with daemon tools had nvidia graphics so the same thing didn't happen twice. And when I installed Daemon tools on the system with ATI graphics it went smooth, go figure.

On the tuesday apr 29 when MS was supposed to have released SP3 for download I went to the update site and there was nothing there but a new updater, WGA and the malicious software tool.

So far I'm happy but I can't tell you how much is from a fresh install and how much from SP3. OH! my Windows Media Player (version 9 from a fresh install) works fine.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    I've integrated SP3 RTM (v5512) on to my original XP disc along with IE7, WMP11 and a couple of addons. All is well
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    BANNED BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    work fine for me.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    lynx's Avatar .
    Hmmm, I installed it and after a few minutes lost the network and explorer became unresponsive to keyboard and mouse, just as if it needed activating.

Thank god for restore points.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    pifpaf's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    im waiting wave 2(other languages).

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    I installed it, no problems or noticable changes so far. German version bytheway.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    I have but it wasn`t final yet.I saw couple of blue screens and uninstalled it now is everything fine.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    i installed it without any problems! and i think that my laptop is slighly faster

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    formos's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    if its good maybe its time to check this 'invention'

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    I installed it on XP Media Centre
    everything worked fine
    but had to uninstall it.

Now when I find an Media Centre activation crack or a
    SP3 serial for Media Centre i'll reinstall it.

Until then stay clear of it!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast