Thread: Apple in dispute with New York over logo

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Apple Inc. says The Big Apple is worming into its territory with a logo the city is using for its green living campaign. Apple on Friday renewed its challenge to a trademark registration application that New York City filed last May, saying the apple logo was too similar to its own. Both logos depict a plump apple with a leaf. Apple’s logo is white, with its signature bite mark, while New York City’s proposed trademark is a green, figure-eight outline reminiscent of an infinity sign, with a stem, and the word “greeNYC” under it.
    Apple’s challenge, filed in January with the federal Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, says the company will be “damaged” if the trademark is granted. The city responded, alleging one of Apple’s trademarks was fraudulently acquired. Apple disputed that allegation in another filing Friday. The city’s logo was meant to invoke thoughts of upstate New York’s bucolic rural areas, where apple orchards once delivered much of the nation’s crop, Spell later said in an interview with The Associated Press. The idea came from the city’s longtime nickname, The Big Apple, she said.

Source: http://www.rlslog.net/apple-in-dispu...ork-over-logo/

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    clos's Avatar The Zinc Saucier BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    their logo doesn't look anything like apples....

edit - ooo post #400 hoo ray for the zinc saucier !

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    I agree. The only thing similar about it is that it's an apple. Do they own all representations of apples?

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    true_neo's Avatar The Dark Lord Revan
    _'
    ( )
    -

Omg Lawsuit
    Sage goes in the signature field.

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Doesn't look anything like apples logo
    I fap because I must!

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    wow, apple is stupid on this one... I think it's safe to say new york had been called the big apple before apple actualy existed

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    BANNED BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I agree with probably everyone here it looks absolutely nothing like it.. Why would you make a lawsuit over something so stupid!! The other apple doesn't even have a bit in it or even the same shape or colour!