Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The acceptable face of racism - Apparently

chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Well Im American Irish and I think this is some bull5hit. I have a good friend who just got here from Carrigmore around a year ago and he went after some guy for wearing a rangers jersey while we were working together, I asked him about it and he went on and on about the English and how it's pretty much his duty to fuck one of them up if he can. So although we Americans may not see it as that big a deal apparently its a serious thing other places. Things like this don't make the American media and I think it's a shame that America helps out many places ,but doesn't really do much for the Irish. And where is Bono he's off helping the African nations but he fails at helping his own, sorry just a rant
    That guy was a fucking prick. There's a lot of it about. I know plenty of Celtic fans who don't feel the need to bash huns.

Duty my bollocks.

Oh, and Bono is a prick too.

And I can't express enough how much bollocks you're talkiing. If you know fuck all about it, stfu.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Well Im American Irish and I think this is some bull5hit. I have a good friend who just got here from Carrigmore around a year ago and he went after some guy for wearing a rangers jersey while we were working together, I asked him about it and he went on and on about the English and how it's pretty much his duty to fuck one of them up if he can. So although we Americans may not see it as that big a deal apparently its a serious thing other places. Things like this don't make the American media and I think it's a shame that America helps out many places ,but doesn't really do much for the Irish. And where is Bono he's off helping the African nations but he fails at helping his own, sorry just a rant
    What the fuck are you talking about. There's so much nonsense in that post it's got to be a joke. It is, it's a joke, isn't it.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    And who the fuck asked for America's help?

Contrary to popular belief, we're actually a developed Western country.

I'm suppressing a rant to the max.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Wow seems I have a "fan" club now eh, OK fine. J you can kiss my shiny ass, What exactly do you find funny? Perhaps you should specify when breaking my balls, otherwise it makes you look simple ( which I know you are not)

@Chalice. Well IMHO I feel the English shouldn't still be in Ireland as do many many of the Irish nationals I work with here in NYC. I think the USA could at least offer help for getting them out thats all bro. I happen to know that it is a quite well developed, my comment was more about the English than anything else really I didn't mean to offend, perhaps you could enlighten me a bit then? All I'v learned about the conflict is what I have heard from the Irish boys here, Whats your background/stance on it maybe I can learn something.

Also why is it you are being so seemingly hostile? I mean JP eh he's a dick but I have done nothing to you, have I?

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Detale, I'm tired and I'm going to bed. I'll elaborate in the morning.

I will say this though...the English aren't in Ireland anymore. Northern Ireland hasn't been occupied for quite some time. The English have wanted to be out of the conflict for the last 25 years. They just couldn't withdraw with the state of play as it was. We now have political autonomy.

How could the USA help? Money? We've got that. Peace-keeping occupation? LOL No thanks- we've had that too. Patronising platitudes? We've got those coming out of our ears.

My background? I'm a lapsed catholic from the Falls Road in Belfast.

As I say, tired, bed, more tomorrow.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Have a good night, I mean it. I appreciate your writing. Of course not an occupation but the US could put pressure on the UK to GTFO. I'm not claiming to have a simple solution at all. Honestly you are the first person who I have spoken with to have these views it's refreshing really. Is this the way you feel most there think or are you in the minority because honestly this is not the picture that was painted for me by other Irish here in NYC.

Also: Lapsed Catholics rock!

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

8. Lounge   -   #18
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    Description of video from my view
    • shaky cam
    • football stadium
    • supporters chanting
    • "uhohoowow aowohoa waaooo howhg a ouou wwhoaoo uoaaw"

racism?
    Sorry you can't make it out.

The chant is "Why don't you go home, why don't you go home, the famine's over, why don't you go home"

It's referring to the Irish potato blight, which led to a famine in which about a million people died of starvation. Many more had to leave their homeland in order to survive. Some of whom came to Scotland. I think anyone can see the racism and insensitivity in that.
    Thank you very much for taking the time to explain.

The dutch supporters occasionally sing as song when they play against germans.
    it goes something like
    "Give me back my bicycle"
    based on the fact that the nazi's took most of the dutch bikes during the war and melted them for weapons.
    In 1994, a german artist gave back a few bicycles. (which he found n the streets of amsterdam) and gave them to the queen on her birthday.
    so all taboes are fixed
    He solved the inherent problem with this gift...
    Last edited by 100%; 05-01-2008 at 12:30 AM.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    I dont get it, must be a European thing.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    J-dye's Avatar BANNED BT Rep: +1

@Chalice. Well IMHO I feel the English shouldn't still be in Ireland as do many many of the Irish nationals
    and jews should be in afghanistan . that would be more fun

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast