Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The acceptable face of racism - Apparently

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYNDWKdKBLU&feature=related[/youtube]

2. Lounge   -   #2
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    JP, you've gotta download the podcast from this morning's Stephen Nolan show on Radio Ulster.

The Boruc debacle is raging over here. Fuck me, there's some right cunts over here when it comes to Scottish puntsphere.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Description of video from my view
    • shaky cam
    • football stadium
    • supporters chanting
    • "uhohoowow aowohoa waaooo howhg a ouou wwhoaoo uoaaw"

racism?

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post
    JP, you've gotta download the podcast from this morning's Stephen Nolan show on Radio Ulster.

The Boruc debacle is raging over here. Fuck me, there's some right cunts over here when it comes to Scottish puntsphere.
    I don't even understand what the debate is. Marvin Andrew, a rangers player, regularly wore t-shirts in support of his faith (non-Catholic). Not only was he not vilified for it, he was actually put forward as a good example. You see these "Jesus Loves You" t-shirts on players or the John 3:16 at football grounds all over the World. Or people blessing themselves as they walk onto the park, score a goal, win a game, whatever. Fuck sake Ronaldinho must do it about a dozen times a game. Watch Spanish football and it hapens all the time. It's very common in English football as well, as more foreign players are in their game.

A Polish Catholic wears a t-shirt saying "God Bless The Pope", with a picture of the former Pope (from Poland), it's well recorded that Boruc thinks he was wonderful, and we get all of this.

What has he done wrong. Someone tell me that. If the answer is that it incites people, then it's the people who are being incited we should be looking at. Not him. It's their attitude because it's nothing more than anti-Catholic bigotry.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    Description of video from my view
    • shaky cam
    • football stadium
    • supporters chanting
    • "uhohoowow aowohoa waaooo howhg a ouou wwhoaoo uoaaw"

racism?
    Sorry you can't make it out.

The chant is "Why don't you go home, why don't you go home, the famine's over, why don't you go home"

It's referring to the Irish potato blight, which led to a famine in which about a million people died of starvation. Many more had to leave their homeland in order to survive. Some of whom came to Scotland. I think anyone can see the racism and insensitivity in that.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    There was so Irish famine.

It says so on Derry's walls. True story.

There were plenty of spuds to go around. The proles just didn't get any.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    J-dye's Avatar BANNED BT Rep: +1
    luck of the irish

8. Lounge   -   #8

9. Lounge   -   #9
    As John Lennon famously said...

If you had the luck of the Irish, you'd be sorry and wish you were dead.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Well Im American Irish and I think this is some bull5hit. I have a good friend who just got here from Carrigmore around a year ago and he went after some guy for wearing a rangers jersey while we were working together, I asked him about it and he went on and on about the English and how it's pretty much his duty to fuck one of them up if he can. So although we Americans may not see it as that big a deal apparently its a serious thing other places. Things like this don't make the American media and I think it's a shame that America helps out many places ,but doesn't really do much for the Irish. And where is Bono he's off helping the African nations but he fails at helping his own, sorry just a rant

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast