Thread: problem in usb

Hi friends I had a problem in my system .I am using windows xp. If I insert pen drive it will detect and work fine. But when i try to remove it will give error like this. The device 'Generic volume' cannot be stopped right now. Try stopping the device again later. But I check in task manger if its there any file is running .even here also there is clear. I need information why this error will come and how to solve that problem
    Last edited by sunil; 05-10-2008 at 07:24 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by sunil View Post
    Hi friends I had a problem in my system .I am using windows xp. If I insert pen drive it will detect and work fine. But when i try to remove it will give error like this. The device 'Generic volume' cannot be stopped right now. Try stopping the device again later. But I check in task manger if its there any file is running .even here also there is clear. I need information why this error will come and how to solve that problem
    Speak up, we can't here you.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    wow that's really difficult to read.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    惡魔的提倡者
    Simplest suggestion. Don't just unplug the drive. Close all programs that may be using the drive first. Wait a minute, then try using the "Safely Remove Hardware" option in the system notification area. A single click on the icon will list the removable drives in your system.
    Last edited by devilsadvocate; 05-08-2008 at 03:00 AM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    even i need a solution for this problem.if any one know?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Try this
    right click the drive in explorer > properties > (tab)Hardware
    mark the drive (usb device)> properties > (tab)Policies
    mark - "optimize for quick removal"
    ok