Thread: Simple Easy Question

what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I have a file that is a AVI and for some damm reason it will not delete!!!!! I don't know why it says the source is being used by another appilcation which is total bullshit it was copyied and pasted from anotehr DAT file from kazaa so I could back it up but now I can't delete it looks like I have to go into safe mode??

whats teh comand for Xp to kill the bastard??

thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Try this fix.

Avi files (divx) can be trouble in xp. there is a fix to let xp behave much better so it's possible to move or delete large avi files. The obnoxious bug in XP that causes Explorer to read the entire contents of broken AVI files before allowing any access to them is caused by bad behavior of shmedia.dll.

To correct this misbehavior in Windows XP, remove the following
    registry key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{87D62D94-71B3-4b9a-9489-5FE6850DC73E}\InProcServer32

This will prevent Explorer from loading shmedia.dll in response to file property queries on these files.

Just an extra note, if you do a "search" for this key it will not be found, look for it manually it is very easy to find. As always newbie or not, if you FUBAR your registry its your own fault. This fix does work, I use it and have applied it to many XP machines. Now go ahead and fix this royal pain in the ass!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{87D62D94-71B3-4b9a-9489-5FE6850DC73E}\InProcServer32
    I cant find teh CLSID file?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    nevermind oh man I owe you one thanks alot man it worked A great help

Thanks alot

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Have you tried opening another media file instead, with the last player you viewed that file with?