Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Kazaa Dying?

Poster
    for albums emule is the best...
    I think soulseek is way better

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    chalkmongoose
    Piolet's the best for music, if you can ignore the banner advertisement.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    I think the popularity has gone down a bit, but it's not even close to "dying".

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    I haven't tried all the new stuff, but Kazaa is still better than the alternatives I have tried (DC++, Bittorrent, WinMX, etc), imo. Sure, it'll die eventually, but it's still my #1 pick.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    i think that the reason Kazaa is dying, is not because of the people like us who use verified files, but those who simply flood the fasttrack network with fakes! i use different file sharing progs for different uses (eg soulseek for albums) but i still use Kazaa for single file downloads. imo even if kazaa dies, another filesharing network will come up, and be bigger and better than kazaa was (eg how kazaa outdid napster by a long shot)

nobody can take p2p 100% off the internet, its like taking drugs 100% off the street

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    In my opinion, yes the FastTrack Network is dying away and slowly collapsing. This is because the network is full of bogus files i.e. corrupt and mainly fake, more so than any other network, and it doesn't help with the fact that KaZaA and all of it's other FT clients lack advanced features such as I.C.H. or "ipfilter.dat" etc., it's only a matter of time. Other networks such as eDonkey2000 have survived all this time, I reckon they'll survive a bit longer. Other networks like BitTorrent are great because leechers have a hard time using them. The premium network out there at the moment is G2, an improvement over FT with extra functionality.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Originally posted by titey+12 August 2003 - 00:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (titey @ 12 August 2003 - 00:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sharedholder@11 August 2003 - 18:38
    Titey your picture??
    Take your pick...

They ain&#39;t me, but it&#39;s as good as your gonna get. [/b][/quote]
    http://www.danheller.com/images/Fujipix/F4...-funny-face.jpg

Funny Guy

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Amarjit CONGRATULATIONS you understand the point I am trying to make

I have enjoyed all my time on this board but it has become evident that the FT network is dying a SLOOOOOWW death, the user base seems to be crumbling slowly and the network is hammered with fakes, even verified files can take days to d/l because of the leech base in the network

As for bittorrent having a small user base and no way to search for files ever heard of google??? you can find 90% of torrents just on a google search

What I am getting at, is that I am not slagging off Kazaa or the FT network too much (I love being involved in the p2p community/family here and posting my contributions), but it is evident that the network is being killed by fakers and leechers and because of this the user base sems to be shrinking

FYI, d/l of m@trix:relo@ded on b|tt0rrenT was via a constant 60kbps on a 576 dsl
    same d/l on kazaa was at peak 12kbps and at worst 0.6kbps
    and on emule peak 47kbps at worst waiting

B|T=27hours Emule=2days 5hours Kazaa=4 days 2 hours

simple maths point to the problem, p2p is about sharing, but kazaa is being choked by leeching

I know that ppl love the community here and will defend it to the death but I am sorry to say that the network is dying, it may take a good while yet, but without some upgrading to the network in general (note of I.C.H or fake filtering) it will happen sooner rather than later

However on a plus point if programs can be implemented to enforce a bit more sharing and a bit less leeching then maybe the family can grow once more

If you agree or disagree just say so, but lets put some valid points to gether on this and not just some silly comments, I would welcome some other perspective on this

P.S I will continue to contribute to this board for as long as it remains, I do not join forums as a rule but enjoy the community spirit and lack of flame wars that are here :~

~-- patience just takes practice --~

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Only the scared are leaving. The sharers & some shitsticks (fakers) are staying. Let the scaredy cats go. I just wish they&#39;d take the shitsticks with them.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Ya, slow DL&#39;&#39;s is a total drag. You can see that if everyone just opened up their bandwidth, then people would be guaranteed a DL in a couple hours max. But some hoard their UpL bandwidth and set to 1 - total drag. Slows everything - clogs everything - total waist of time... Thats what&#39;s killing Kazaa, but Kazaa don&#39;t give shit so let it die - sounds like there are afew better places to go and they will last cause they set up ways to put an end to abusers.

BTW Shayne loves Wendy - Come to me Baby...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast