Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Is Kazaa Dying?

btw.... I know that ppl have a special place for this forum and the K-Lite client

but the question is for objective comment, not "I love k-lite & it will never die) etc...

All clients fade eventually but with a little help from the client programmers the network can be a better place

lets hope that they listen!

~-- patience just takes practice --~

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    Originally posted by Freek1e@14 August 2003 - 20:54
    All clients fade eventually but with a little help from the client programmers the network can be a better place

lets hope that they listen!
    Truth is Sharman is not doing much in our benifit these days.
    It is fortunate that the KL++ team exsists.

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    Poster
    titey whyd u change ur name?

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    can we not get the message across to the KL++ ppl

Is there any chance that this thread and the thread by simon no2003 could be pinned to get more awareness of the problem

everyone seem to just shrug it off, but leeching is killing the network that is simple fact

what about starting a poll on this subject

~-- patience just takes practice --~

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    Originally posted by Freek1e@14 August 2003 - 21:57
    can we not get the message across to the KL++ ppl

Is there any chance that this thread and the thread by simon no2003 could be pinned to get more awareness of the problem

everyone seem to just shrug it off, but leeching is killing the network that is simple fact
    I missed it perhaps, what do you intend to change realisticly.

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    Kazaa-lite is still the fastest on my machine. I use other p2p, but I certainly still use K-lite. I use K-lite for speed, Edonkey2000 for selection and rare files, and BT for stability and reliability.

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    i cant believe people are still using kazaa/k++, a year ago i did think it was the dogs bollocks, but that is because i didnt know any better, as soon as i discovered bittorrent, irc, newsgroups, i uninstalled kazaa and have not seen a reason to reinstall it.

i regularly hit 130KBs (my max) download speed on BT, irc and newsgorups and thats for the whole file, not just for 20 minutes here and there and then back down to 1KBs.

IMO kazaa/k++/fastrack is the worst p2p/filesharing/just getting anything program out there and the sooner it is put in its coffin the better, especially with bittorrent growing the way it is, it wasnt even mentioned on this forum 6 months ago, and now look at it, its all over the place.

and if you get slow speeds on bittorrent, your either doing something drastically wrong or have elected to get the file as soon as the torrent has been seeded which means you will be getting it from 1 person. wait till a few ppl have seeded it and then get it.

and before anyone flames me, and says "piss off. if you dont like it then stop using this forum" i have probably put more files and verifieds on this site than you (apart from freak1e that is) in my time, but i just dont see the point of the fasttrack network anymore.

stoi

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    piss off. if you dont like it then stop using this forum

Well, really. I get better results with KL than I do with BT, IRC and newsgroups, but I don't go to them and tell them they suck.

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    why dont you, i know if i didnt like something about a program, or had a suggestion to make it better, i would speak out, and not just think "well, its crap but i will still use it" and for my newsgroups its my isp, you might have to pay for yours, and with download caps with the pay per use ones then you might not get your full download. but even if i was getting dial up anything is better than kazaa/k++.

stoi

PS: speed isnt everything, even if it takes me 2 days to download something, and on kazaa it would take 3 hours, i will still have it 4 weeks before the kazaa user, because new releases are that slow to spread on the fasttrack network.

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    So what are your suggestions?

And I don't care much about speed, it's really just the setup of BT, IRC, etc, that I don't really like. With KL I can search in half a dozen movies, start downloads, then just leave my computer on for a week and there they are. FTPs are the fastest sources I can find, but finding a file on KL is just so much easier.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast