Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Witnesses For Ufo Congressional Hearing

Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Originally posted by SodiumChloride@15 August 2003 - 00:19
    That would be great if this were 100% true and it would grow in popularity. "I want to believe" The extraterrestrials are sceptical of us because of our warlike nature. They aren't revealing themselves to the general public because they think it'll scare us into attacking them.
    So, they think the general public they are hiding from is more likely to be hostile and attack them than the secret services they've been in contact with? How peculiar...

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    http://www.disclosureproject.org

is this video originally Broadcast Live on Wednesday, May 9, 2001 ?
    worldnews without news ?

???

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Star Trek "First Encounter"

Only when the Vulcans got to earth !

We shot em down!

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Anyone with common sense. And a little investigation could see that these are real events.

But unfortunately this country has a surpluss of "moron sheep"

Can you say Baaaaaaaa

I only wish the Aliens had big Teeth and an appetite for Moron Ass cheeks"

Yum Yum

It would make thee next few years so much more enjoyable.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Poster
    Originally posted by barbarossa+15 August 2003 - 06:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (barbarossa @ 15 August 2003 - 06:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SodiumChloride@15 August 2003 - 00:19
    That would be great if this were 100% true and it would grow in popularity. "I want to believe"&nbsp; &nbsp; The extraterrestrials are sceptical of us because of our warlike nature. They aren't revealing themselves to the general public because they think it'll scare us into attacking them.
    So, they think the general public they are hiding from is more likely to be hostile and attack them than the secret services they've been in contact with? How peculiar... [/b][/quote]
    Mob mentality. People would be frightened and hell would break loose. If we humans were spying on some other intelligent lifeforms on another planet, would we want to scare them silly? Naw
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 04-02-2007 at 04:25 PM.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Poster
    Originally posted by Skweeky@15 August 2003 - 05:26
    The new isle of chemicals?
    Are you referring to the "isle of stability" that forms when you graph the number of neutrons required to make a nucleus of an element stable? The isle that only forms when you get atoms with 100+ protons?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Originally posted by SodiumChloride+16 August 2003 - 04:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SodiumChloride @ 16 August 2003 - 04:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Skweeky@15 August 2003 - 05:26
    The new isle of chemicals?
    Are you referring to the "isle of stability" that forms when you graph the number of neutrons required to make a nucleus of an element stable? The isle that only forms when you get atoms with 100+ protons? [/b][/quote]
    i definitely believe in nuclear physics
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    I think this is a very interesting topic, although the vid (taking several hours to
    download) Iv&#39;e not seen. I have seen (several times in my life/which were several years apart) objects in the sky that I could not identify by shape or eratic movement. Of course thats not to say that there was&#39;nt a rational explanation.

One point I would like to make is, if for instance we say its possible that UFO&#39;S
    exist, than its not to much of a stretch to say that time travel is possible too.
    Could in fact be interlinked. (any Matrix fan could see the simalarities)
    Which only leads to questions.
    Are UFO&#39;S in fact coming out of the future, back in time?
    Or are they traveling for light years in suspended anamation exploring the different
    Galaxies?

There are as many theory"s as questions. Some ludicrous, but at this point
    anything is possible.

Why would UFO&#39;S be studying or evaluating us?
    It&#39;s interesting that UFO activity (or sightings) were hightened in 1945 when the developement of the Atomic Bomb was made toward the end of World War II.
    Were we possibly being monitered by aliens?
    Were they in fact sending us a message that this advanced technology could
    and would alter what future (if any) mankind would have.
    Were we seen as a threat to them or were we meant to see-what a threat(in the future) a Nuclear War might be to the existence of mankind.

If we are being watched, studied, whatever what are there motives if any?

With their technology being far superior to ours, have they not made a more
    formal contact with us because we are&#39;nt ready as a species to contribute anything
    worthwhile in return? Would we take that technology (if offered) and use it in unexceptable and destructive ways? Why would they help us if in fact it could
    lead to the eradication of us (if that wasnt their intentions).

I personally can"t say I beleive in UFO&#39;S or Aliens but I will admit I think that there existence is possible if not likely. I think this could be a fun topic for
    people to state their veiws or even hopes.

One thing I would be interested in knowing is peoples veiws on:
    Could our civalization handle it mentally if we were visited by an advanced
    civalization. Would there be looting in the streets. people carrying signs of
    armageddon? Would it be seen as a spritual uplifting? Would they be perceived
    by some to be GODS, Freaks or be seen to have the same eerie characteristics
    of an unliked neighbor.

Mabe I should have started a different topic since Ive not even seen the video this
    topic was made in reference to. If my edicate sucks sorry.
    SMARTY SMARTY HAD A PARTY NOBODY CAME BUT SMARTY

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    i saw it streamed in an embedded windows mediaplayer (i guess), as when you click the original link posted; no need to download it, just to see it.

i don&#39;t get it how this pressconference has been kept quite.
    I do understand that the laughter will fade away and make way for bigmouths, wathever their fear drives them to.

I&#39;ll bet that even when non-earthly-life has become a common good, people will still denie or continue to say there is no proof.

ihope i&#39;m prepared.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    The issue here is not whether aliens exist.. of course they do. How many galaxies are there? How many stars are there in those galaxies? How many planets in orbit around those stars? The chances of none of these planets being able to support life is ridiculous. Its a foregone conclusion based on simple probability.

The real issue is do they have the technology to travel at the necessary speeds to reach us within a reasonable amount of time?

Bear in mind the length of time between the first powered flight by humans and the moon landings and it doesnt require a huge leap of faith to assume that any civilisation which can survive long enough could probably reach the required level of technology.

Assuming they have reached that stage of development and could make it all the way over here its not beyond the realms of possibility that they would treat us as a primitive species or even bacteria in a petri-dish. A mere scientific curiosity to be studied at leisure.

Bacteria in a petri dish doesnt know its being studied by humans but does that mean humans dont exist? If aliens do exist and have made it over here why would they bother communicating with us?

I doubt we have anything in the way of resources or knowledge that they would want or need.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast