Thread: Best Ftf

Proffesional Dumbass
    im new to this whole ftf thing

so i was wondering which would be the best ftf program to use and how to use it?

also is it dangerous for a computer in any way?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Proffesional Dumbass
    can anyone help me out?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    2 things....

firstly, wait a while; to expect an answer within 4 hours is a little presumptuous, remember people help you from the goodness of their hearts

secondly, what is a ftf program? do you mean ftp (file transfer protocol), kinda one-to-one filesharing?
    <insert signature here>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Proffesional Dumbass
    yeah i know i jumped in a little early but i needed a quick reply.

to be honest i dont know jack about ftf but when websites are down or some warez sites say to go to there ftf site. but a program is needed to load these pages. ive seen a few programs around and i was wondering which would be best to use

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    yeah, itll mean ftp program......ok, a brief guide.......deep breath now....

basically, to copy a file from my PC direct to yours, one way (very nice way) is to use an ftp server and client.

basically, the "host/server" PC runs a program which controls who can/can&#39;t access files on that PC. The best one to use is BulletProof ftp, available from all good filesharing programs. set it up, and give people your "IP address" (the number used to identify your PC) and away they go; they connect to you with a client program:

client program: the best one out there is WS FTP Pro, (again kazaa it)...in this, you enter a user name and password, and the host then allows you to copy files directly from them. (assuming the pass is correct) The most common ftp client is InterNet Explorer 6, which has a built in ftp client app...just type ftp://123.456.789.123 (where 123.456.789.123 is the IP) and then youll be prompted for a user name/pass and can access the server.

These are OK to use, as long as you virus scan everything and make sure you know what you are installing...personally, id only recomend them for friends/family, cos you should get everything from kazaa
    <insert signature here>

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Proffesional Dumbass
    thanks that all the things i needed to hear

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    no problem, glad to help....

and if you run into any specific probs, then come back and ask
    <insert signature here>