Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ts-tracker introduces seed limit.

Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    the german tracker ts-tracker introduced a seed limit of 500% per torrent today.

when the seed limit is exceeded, upload data is not added to the user stats anymore.

ts-tracker is known for its ultra fast speeds, but also struggled with a overseeding problem. the implementation is the answer to a user poll done half a year ago. 70% of the members voted for a seed limit.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Wow I would think the members would not want that because if you want to buffer your acct then you are capped, but then again it gives others a fair chance to seed too. Hmmm maybe it is a good idea

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    when the seed limit is exceeded, upload data is not added to the user stats anymore.
    unless it totally cuts you off from the swarm (like wait times do), then it's a useless move.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    dragos's Avatar . BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by lysine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    unless it totally cuts you off from the swarm (like wait times do), then it's a useless move.
    it's not. Would you keep your line in full load when there's no benefit for your account ? Most won't

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    lol, you are posting the news here faster than i realized it on the site..
    i think it is a good solution though because nobody gets penalized this way
    btw who cares about building buffers?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by dragos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lysine View Post

it's not. Would you keep your line in full load when there's no benefit for your account ? Most won't
    People who don't watch their stuff download might not.
    Especially people with really fast connections - I'm sure they'd be to 5:1 in no time - by the time they look back at it, it could be even higher.

But props to TS-Tracker for trying out something new - it may work out well, you never really know. Good luck to the tracker.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    RedRansom's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by helpme View Post
    i think its good idea
    cuz someone losing yourself and leeching over and cant keep ratio especially in TL it must be . I remembered i had 3 seedbox and in TL ı hardly keep ratio at begining after past hours I sprinted

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dragos View Post
    if the move was to stop people from overseeding, it simply doesn't work. people are still able to overseed.

I usually don't check my seedbox but once a day, when I wake up. I just let it run, whatever is uploaded is what's uploaded. if people can't keep a decent ratio, get a better connection.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    BANNED BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Good think I'm not at that place

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    BOOM's Avatar You are who you are. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Thats a nice idea to prevent the overseeding problem, but you can`t forget that overseed extend the torrent live...

I think that some torrents will die early due to this new "rule".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast