Thread: games for new pc

Poster
    I just got a new computer and wanted to know what games are good that my system can handle. It has a 2.4Ghz quad, 2GB ram, and a ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT.

I tried COD4 but had problems. The game would start and after the opening videos when the actual game play started it became very slow and choppy. The monitor would flicker on and off every once in a while. After a couple of flickers, the monitor light went from green to orange is if the computer was turned off. Is the game having problems, my graphics card, or can the computer just not handle the game? Thanks for the help!

2. Games   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    If you ever have a question as to whether you're computer can handle a game 3223 you should check here.http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest
    Your computer should have no trouble handling that game and your card is more than good enough.Just curious have you tried running it on lower settings?
    Just a guess but it sounds like the game.Get another copy and see if it works(if you bought it they will exchange it.If you acquired it by other means well then you know what to do).

Last edited by IdolEyes787; 05-22-2008 at 09:03 PM.

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    thanks for the help. any other games I should look into?

4. Games   -   #4
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Rainbow Six: Vegas 2,Half-life 2,Assassins Creed,BioShock,The Witcher,Resident Evil 4
    Good games but depends what genre you like.I didn't include any RTS or driving games.

5. Games   -   #5
    pifpaf's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    3223, did you try to update graphic card river? and installed the latest CoD4 patch?

6. Games   -   #6
    rtxs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    play crysis... but with this pc specs you play cod 4 without problems

7. Games   -   #7
    spidey99's Avatar Nolaloth BT Rep: +1
    crysis, mass effect(not released a cracked version yet), assassin's creed, c&c tiberium wars...

your pc should handle all current games(even if you need to run them at low specs) there should be a problem with your OS.Or you should just update your srivers, starting with display driver...

8. Games   -   #8
    tknaught's Avatar +3 dB BT Rep: +2
    I'll 2nd the recommendations for Bioshock & The Witcher.

9. Games   -   #9
    HD series cards arent for gaming :p
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

10. Games   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by spidey99 View Post
    crysis, mass effect(not released a cracked version yet), assassin's creed, c&c tiberium wars...

your pc should handle all current games(even if you need to run them at low specs) there should be a problem with your OS.Or you should just update your srivers, starting with display driver...

proper crack is out, although not by scene group. just use it in replacement of the scene crack.