Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HDBITS account help

I guess this is the problem, but I haven't been to HDBITS in a while, I was a Power User, had lots of uploads (100+ gb I think). I thought I was immune to getting my account disabled but I guess not. Is there any path of recourse?

I usually use HDBITS in the summer and during the year I use on-campus p2p which is a lot faster. Any admin can look into this for me?

My username was kenanr I believe.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    "You MUST make use of your account. If you download very little, your account will be disabled." [1] If you up-/download less than 1 GB per week (approximately), your account is considered to be "inactive". This is an average value; you are not forced to actually up-/download 1 GB every week.
    Doesn't mention userclass. Although I feel this is stupid,they're probably doing this to free some spaces to get some members in. I feel for you man,maybe you should try their IRC and see if you can recover it.

Btw,I checked on your account name "kenanr" but it's not even there,guess they deleted it.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Yeah, I checked the email address I was registered with, and it claims is not in the database. I wonder if they deleted my entire account? What proof do I even have (other than my confirmation email) that I was a user? Let alone a Power-User?

Their IRC is invite only, and I have no way of getting in.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Since your username can't be found,I guess your account's been deleted. Their inactivity rule is ludicrous.They don't have a comm rep here either to help their members.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    madbeer's Avatar brewed locally BT Rep: +1
    I fully support time-out account removal.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by madbeer View Post
    I fully support time-out account removal.

Yeah, using a torrent site is not just a summer kind of thing. If you don't use it at school, at least let staff know and maybe then you should be immune.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    hdbits is not one of those sites that the more member they have, the more they can spam about double upload for donation and so on (revtt? XD) but is a site where they want only very active ppl... it constantly full... and there are plenty of ppl that would upload / download TERABYTES waiting out there... and they can enter thanks to the place freed deleting your unused account...

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Thanks a lot to everyone that responded. I guess I never realized all this....

On campus I have daily 5gb upload/download cap, exceeding it and they turn off my internet for 24hrs which is a pain, and after 4 infractions, I get banned from internet! That happened to me 4 times due to HDBITS, so it just wasn't a possibility to use it during the year.

Again, thanks to all who helped out.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Can anyone help me get on the IRC? I am not sure if they will be helpful, but I think I need a key to get on.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by kenanr View Post
    On campus I have daily 5gb upload/download cap, exceeding it and they turn off my internet for 24hrs which is a pain, and after 4 infractions, I get banned from internet! That happened to me 4 times due to HDBITS, so it just wasn't a possibility to use it during the year.

from what i read of the rules and FAQ the 1gb transfer per week is an AVERAGE... its not required that you actually up/down 1gb a week... you most likely got booted cause you never went to the website so they deemed you inactive.

this is easily avoidable by using firefox and having all your torrent sites in a bookmark folder... then click "open all in tabs" and you can open 50 websites all at once so no more inactivity on all your torrent sites...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast