Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: does anyone else think that waffles is degrading?

sovaz's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Waffles is better for me...more security too...What doesn't even support encrypted sessions. N apart from that waffles has many more features tat what misses like the extended search, tags n what not.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by sovaz View Post
    Waffles is better for me...more security too...What doesn't even support encrypted sessions. N apart from that waffles has many more features tat what misses like the extended search, tags n what not.
    You obviously haven't been on what.cd in the past two weeks.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    sovaz's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sovaz View Post
    You obviously haven't been on what.cd in the past two weeks.
    Of course i have been...but i can't see anything good about gazelle apart the aesthetic part...Waffles rules over what imo.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    despite having a bigger buffer on waffles; 27GB compared to 16GB on what, I'm spending more and more time at what now. Main reason is at what I'm more confident being able to re seed what I've downloaded due to the having the monthly freeleech selections. It's honestly that simple for me. I can see myself surving at what easier.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    So far (and I've found many rare materials in What) haven't experienced any sort of problem with regards to mislabeled material/bad quality.

Everything's been crisp, mint condish.

IMO Waffles is beautiful and sexey (eye-candy-wise) but seeding is a pain in the arse.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by VillageShaman View Post
    So far (and I've found many rare materials in What) haven't experienced any sort of problem with regards to mislabeled material/bad quality.

Everything's been crisp, mint condish.

IMO Waffles is beautiful and sexey (eye-candy-wise) but seeding is a pain in the arse.
    My thoughts exactly. With all due respect to all the new "tweaks" and "aesthetics" in What, it still looks rather messy. Too much shaking and baking screws things up.

EDIT:- Just as I talked about the aesthetics of what,someone just cranked up their login page,wow!
    Last edited by soulreaper; 05-13-2008 at 03:53 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    i hardly use my waffles.fm account because of the lack of leechers / activity on the site. the music i download can be found on both sites usually so i always pick what.cd because i don't have to bust my balls to seed back to 1:1.

In terms of security
    What.cd is hosted in canada (safe for torrents)
    waffles.fm is in sweden (dont know)
    They are both safe IMO and to everyone whos complaining about how what.cd doesn't offer SSL, although its a good feature to have, it doesn't really give extra security against MPAA/RIAA etc...

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    While waffles has some cool features, no doubt, what I'm considering is the userbase. I've just finished moving all my torrents over to what (after I changed my theme from the brown default one to kuro), and the fact that what's torrent database is growing much much faster than waffles' shows that I am not alone. No one seems to be uploading or leeching anything over there - it's basically stagnant.

While waffles has more torrents per user, it really looks like most of these users are jumping ship and heading over to the bigger tracker. Why else would the user count keep rising but the torrent count not move?

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Jaits's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +3
    actually nvm
    Last edited by Jaits; 05-13-2008 at 07:47 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    i hate when you open waffles.fm browse page and the first 3pages or so has torrents with 0seeders & 0leechers...makes the place seem dead

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast