Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defragmenting

I was wondering what the best program is to defragment with I heard the windows one is bad but I don't know were to find any other ones or if there good or not or if they are free.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Ex-member
    Diskeeper is very good. It has a free version which is manual-only (check my website for a link), or you could always acquire the automated full version

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    you heard? If you don't know then leave it alone till you do some personal research. Some of those defragmenter programs are pure evil.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    What OS are you running??!

With 98/98SE diskeeper doesnt preform a disk error check so I would recommend using scan disk to check for errors before using diskeeper.
    For 98/98SE OS's I would recommend the defrag from windows ME. It works with 98/98SE machines and is 4X faster than 98/98SE. You can find it at bootdisk.com.

For NT/XP machines I recommend Perfect Disk 6 by Raxco, Its the best in my opinion.

Hope this helps,
    Steve

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by Lamsey@12 August 2003 - 15:00
    Diskeeper is very good. It has a free version which is manual-only (check my website for a link), or you could always acquire the automated full version ;)
    Lamsey, thank you for those links you posted. Quick qestion, please. I'm still in learning mode for alot of stuff here.
    When I popped into that Invision site freeware forum, my new toy PeerGuardian racked up a mess of MPAA closures. I only noted this cause it's been so quiet today till I headed your way. It showed:
    Connection forcefully closed on: 195.20.32.86 - MPAA?
    Connection forcefully closed on: 195.20.32.83 - MPAA?
    many, many times. I hopped in and out just to see if it wasn't my imagination.
    Since PG has a question mark following that entry...you think maybe that was a bad submission to them?
    I can't imagine MPAA hosting a freeware forum. Figured they'd be training virtual bloodhounds to track instead. ;)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    [QUOTE]skelley521
    Posted on 12 August 2003 - 11:21
    For NT/XP machines I recommend PerfectDisk 6 by Raxco, Its the best in my opinion.

Correct.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Thanks zapjb, for pointing me in the Pefect Disk direction; it is the best I have tried and I did try them all :beerchug:

Steve

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    where can i get perfect disk? Is it free? Thanks

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by spike218@12 August 2003 - 10:54
    where can i get perfect disk? Is it free? Thanks
    PM sent

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Perfect Disk 6 by Raxco

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast