Thread: Is it right or ..... ?!

SkullForce's Avatar Donga Bonga BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70

Question Mark

Hey guys,
    Some FST members say that trading invites is not good, and it badly affect the trackers communities and security as well, and it is against its rulez too. by the way you invite people you don't know.

So, what about the giveaways ?! are it good or bad ?! isn't it forbidden to giveaway invites in the public forums according to the sites rules too ?! don't you invite people who aren't actually your fiends and you don't know them well ? worse, 99% of the members give invites away and wait for something back in the future.
    Why some members say that they respect the site rules while they are actually breaking it ?
    let us see your opinion ...
    please we want to talk in the topic core and no side talks. cheers...
    Last edited by SkullForce; 05-13-2008 at 05:36 AM.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    xnugx's Avatar sup? BT Rep: +2
    I guess there isn't much of a core difference except for the intention of either getting something in return or not. Even then, most people only giveaway for rep points anyways, so it's not truly a free giveaway...

I'm going to stop trading though pretty dang soon, it doesn't bear much fruit and getting scammed uber-sucks. I'm not sure how to get into where you want initially without making a minor trade or 2 though.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I think many giveaways are just as risky.

I read almost every post someone I am considering has made here at FST and really consider what they say, how they act, what they ask for, what proofs they post previously, etc. I investigate them and try to be nice in my PMs to see how they treat other users of course. I think I've done pretty well inviting people to some sites, for example, one of the members I found here is one on the Top 10 upload speed list at one of my favorite trackers...he downloads and seeds back a lot and appreciates the content, which is all that matters really.

If you don't do it very, very carefully, I don't think it is a good thing. I have invited users to other sites that seemed great on paper, but they don't use it. I don't really care because I know the way that is personally, but it is hard to pick the best user for a specific tracker unless you really do your research and focus on people who are newer to torrents...everyone else has all the sites I have plus more.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    SkullForce's Avatar Donga Bonga BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by dunson View Post
    I think many giveaways are just as risky.

I read almost every post someone I am considering has made here at FST and really consider what they say, how they act, what they ask for, what proofs they post previously, etc. I investigate them and try to be nice in my PMs to see how they treat other users of course. I think I've done pretty well inviting people to some sites, for example, one of the members I found here is one on the Top 10 upload speed list at one of my favorite trackers...he downloads and seeds back a lot and appreciates the content, which is all that matters really.

If you don't do it very, very carefully, I don't think it is a good thing. I have invited users to other sites that seemed great on paper, but they don't use it. I don't really care because I know the way that is personally, but it is hard to pick the best user for a specific tracker unless you really do your research and focus on people who are newer to torrents...everyone else has all the sites I have plus more.
    I appreciate you, but Giveaways even you invited ppl who looks to be good or bad users are forbidden.
    traders can invite good and bad users too.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Giveaways are not necessarily forbidden. Trackers generally require that you give the invite for free to someone who you trust and will be a good user, not putting the tracker at risk or abusing the account. They do put your account at risk and of course PUBLIC giveaways and risky giveaways will lead to bans. Giving away invites to members you've investigated enough/know enough to "trust" is allowed on almost all trackers I'm sure.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by dunson View Post
    Giveaways are not necessarily forbidden. Trackers generally require that you give the invite for free to someone who you trust and will be a good user, not putting the tracker at risk or abusing the account. They do put your account at risk and of course PUBLIC giveaways and risky giveaways will lead to bans. Giving away invites to members you've investigated enough/know enough to "trust" is allowed on almost all trackers I'm sure.
    I think there is no problem to investigate and trust traders too.
    so why trading is claimed to be bad but giveaways is not while it actually is ?!

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Trading invites or accounts is that: a trade. The persons that do the transaction are looking for benefit, itīs a business and itīs done with that solely intention.

Give something is that: make a gift expecting nothing in change, barely the thanks... if you expect a Reputation Point, you are trading.
    When you give, really give an invite itīs a lottery.
    I havenīt found the best way for selecting users that wonīt let me down.
    Proofs and references from other trackers mean nothing, speeds mean nothing as well.
    Any user can have a upload speed of 100 Tb/s, but if he doesnīt want to seed in X tracker he wonīt upload a single bit.
    I have invited same users to 2 or more sites, they are awesome in one of them and in the others... well... interpret the silence.

So, even when I am very careful selecting to whom I think will be a good users, and then I see in my invite tree so much accounts disabled due to inactivity, poor ratios, and/or short activity... I donīt want even imagine happy giveaways.

My final conclusion is that if giving an invite is a lottery, disinterested giveaways are like russian roulette.... and we could go even further: a disrespect to the tracker if they are not driven in a extremely demanding and selective way.
    Last edited by Nemrod; 05-13-2008 at 06:49 AM.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    BANNED BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Giveaway means trading.Yes my friend,i offer now something and later i will receive something in exchange.For any traker is a risk,if someone want un inv is easy to obtain,he can buy one inv.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    spoken about "not that easy to get" sites, i find easy giveaways as lame as average trading.. inviter should take care to invite a good person, whatever he gets from it - other tracker, rep point or self-respect )) exchanging invites with a good torrenter is a way better than giveaway to cheater
    Last edited by kukushka; 05-13-2008 at 07:30 AM.