Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PC configurations for HD movies

Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    I don't mind at all Im trying to work out the kinks in my HTPC as of now I basically have a bunch of either old or "cheapo" parts in there just to get it working correctly with the TV and my network so this is to be expected for me. I have a DVI to HDMI cable which should be the same as an adapter right??

As of now I have an old Raedon 1650 working in it, it will play 720 and sometimes 1080 but it gets choppy or the audio goes way out of sinc, In my main rig I have the 8800GT but I am soon going to be using the parts from the main one in the new HTPC build coming shortly dude to lack of space with the new baby in the house and all

Now I feel like such a no0b because I didn't know these cards sent audio as well

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Yep. Theyre built for video watching, not so much gaming. Hence the "HD" series
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    pifpaf's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by AugustoP View Post
    Cheap and silent solution is AMD 780G mainboard + Athlon BE series CPU + 250W PSU. Don't even think about buying a dedicated graphics card if you don't play games cause last generation built-in GPUs have more than enough power to handle HD video, especially the low-bitrate progressive rips which you will probably download.
    i agree its cheap and perfect for a htpc.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    copacabana's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    thank you very much for your advices
    The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled.

Plutarch (46-120)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    I have a newer HP HDX laptop - 20" screen, 2gb Ram, 2600HD video card and built in HD TV tuner, you would think with all this it would play HD content with no problem right? Well even 720p mkv HD Movies would studder and max the cpu.

COREAVC is a software decoder that just works. I use it with KM Player (free) or Zoom Player (good for external tvs).

The CoreAVC v1.7 solved all my problems and helps alot of people use their existing hardware to watch HD.

It will give your cpu a break on any system ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12