Thread: Help Opening Downloaded Windows Xp

I have donwloaded Windows XP Pro and the icon is a picture of a little screen which has a blue banner at the top and is white at the bottom and is a .exe application. Whenever I try to open it, my computer screen goes black for a couple of seconds and then it goes back to normal like it tried to process but failed.

What do I do to to make it work and is this normal? I havent burnt it onto CD yet because im not sure if its verified or not.

Thanks.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Change the file extention to iso.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    try opening it with isobuster or winiso, extract the files to a folder and burn to disc, i think cdrwin will do both, but i not used it so cant be sure

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    To use isobuster/winiso, do i have to change the extension to .iso first or do i use them whilst its still in .exe?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    Originally posted by jabby85@12 August 2003 - 10:54
    To use isobuster/winiso, do i have to change the extension to .iso first or do i use them whilst its still in .exe?
    The file extension needs to be changed. Try to change it to .ISO, .bin or .rar.
    The file ext. was changed so that it would show up in a kazaa software search (.exe).

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    thanks guys