Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Punk Rock: I'm More Punk Than You!

imported_el-producto
    Originally posted by DarkBlizzard@12 August 2003 - 14:11
    punk is a long shot from dead.....u just gotta live in the right places. some places LOVE punk....some dont. and i see u got some black guys in ur sig so u probably like rap or something....cuz i dont know many black guys that are punk artists...thats the only reason u said it.
    what? you're a moron. i dont like punk cause i have a rap signature? i listen to all types of shit and the punk i like...bad brains (all black punk band), dead kennedys, teen idles, black flag, s.o.a, the jam, iggy and the stooges, mc5, flipper, misfits, toxic reasons, minor threat, angry samoans, t.s.o.l, d.r.i, circle jerks, buzzcocks. dead boys, havoc, casualties, the crucifucks and lots more. now what huh. oh yeah jonna, the buzzcocks SINGLES GOING STEADY is a classic man

2. Lounge   -   #12
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Have any of you actually been to a punk party???

I have, a good night......all night.......and thru the next day, totally smashed, black and blue, left with 5% of my jeans and lost my shirt...........Blue spots on the walls where I head butted my name on the wall B)

You guys should try it.............if you got the nads for it B)

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Ron's Avatar Poster
    Where do you think I had my pubic hair dyed blue?

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Originally posted by Ron@12 August 2003 - 20:30
    Where do you think I had my pubic hair dyed blue?
    I pretty much figured you had Ron, I was really talking to these other lads

They could dye mine..............I ain't got none

Did you get hurt Ron?.........We were all injured Jumped on everyone and they all jumped on me B)

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Ron's Avatar Poster
    POGO TIME!!!!

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Ron's Avatar Poster
    Well, to be honest, it wasn't really dyed, it was spraypainted.
    Not regular blue either, more metallic blue......

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Punk rocks
    rap sucks

yep

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Originally posted by snipa@12 August 2003 - 21:50
    Punk rocks
    rap sucks

yep
    Well, I think that just about sums it up B)

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Poster
    I don't really consider these bands as just strictly 'punk' but some other people seem to...D.R.I. and Suicidal Tendencies.
    Actually both have been around for a long time and in reality, they both helped bridge the gap between 'true punk' and speed/thrash/heavy metal.

Anyone that isn't familier with them and calls themselves a fan of aggressive music are fooling themselves.

Punk isn't 'pop-punk' as in Green Day and Blink 182, punk is a total rebellion against anything mainstream.
    With that said I really am not a 'punk' but I do respect what the punks accomplished as they did it on their own without selling out and provided countless other bands with the insperation to form a band for better or worse, and for that we all owe them a debt of gratitude, regardless of who or what you consider to be 'punk'.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12