Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Commercial Alternative to Nero?

Question Mark

I want a commercial alternative, because the free ones have a UI my non-computer savy relatives dont understand as well. I'd use nero but it knows you have a invalid version unless you put up a firewall and that is something i wont do on their computers, because they will block the wrong programs or all of them. Plus Nero is a bloated hog of a program.

The alternative needs to do CD/DVD burning, rip CD/DVDs to ISO and be able to burn ISO files to CD/DVD

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by nyknicks; 04-01-2010 at 04:29 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    typeoholic's Avatar Poster
    Every requirement that you listed can be found in the free alternative, CdBurnerXP. It is a standard replacement that I put on all of the computer systems that I build. Furthermore, all of my customers use it and I have never heard a single complaint about it over the years. It's a very straightforward piece of software that gets the job done right the first time around.

Not sure if outside links are allowed on FST, but you can always google 'CDBurnerXP'

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Ashampoo is also not bad and i am currently using CDBurnerXP as it was pre-installed on my windows 7

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    - Protectedsoft FinalBurner PRO
    - Magic Burning Studio

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by nyknicks View Post
    I want a commercial alternative, because the free ones have a UI my non-computer savy relatives dont understand as well. I'd use nero but it knows you have a invalid version unless you put up a firewall and that is something i wont do on their computers, because they will block the wrong programs or all of them. Plus Nero is a bloated hog of a program.

The alternative needs to do CD/DVD burning, rip CD/DVDs to ISO and be able to burn ISO files to CD/DVD

Thanks in advance
    Nero portable. Fits on a flash drive, very light weight... No bloating.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Frankthetank1's Avatar Über User BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    imgburn
    “Just because you’re miserable doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your life.”

DO NOT RANDOMLY PM ME ASKING FOR INVITES!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    thisguy's Avatar Poster
    i prefer ashampoo burning studio

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by typeoholic View Post
    Every requirement that you listed can be found in the free alternative, CdBurnerXP. It is a standard replacement that I put on all of the computer systems that I build. Furthermore, all of my customers use it and I have never heard a single complaint about it over the years. It's a very straightforward piece of software that gets the job done right the first time around.
    I tried it out and it does have a Good UI, so I guess I'll use free software
    Thanks.
    Last edited by nyknicks; 04-06-2010 at 01:51 AM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Besides Nero, there's only one competitor, in my opinion.

Roxio.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    db_la_23's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    ashampoo burning studio also power iso

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast