Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What Music Did You Grow Up With?

CrumbCat's Avatar Cachaça or Cachaça

I agree.....a time when Musicworld used to be fun and intriguing.

2. Music   -   #32
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Stuff I grew up with that made an impact and that I didn't chose myself, stuff that just sort of played in the background:

Abba
    Aha
    Alphaville
    Beatles
    Black Sabbath
    Flash n' the Pan
    Fleetwood Mac
    Kraftwerk
    Midnight Oil
    Mikael B. Tretow
    Nazareth
    Pugh Rogefelt
    Ramones
    Status Quo
    Twisted Sister

Then there was some cajun music, some classical music, and some other stuff, this was just off the top off my head.

3. Music   -   #33
    Growing up i was into all kinds of music.Around the age of 10 i started to like band's like korn,slipknot and metallica.Later on i started to like different kinds of music like korn,slipknot,and Metallica.But now i mostly have rock on my computer.

But over all i grew up with is rock.

4. Music   -   #34
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    STYX B) Lynard Skinnard

5. Music   -   #35
    pusher's Avatar The New Moral
    I grew up on rock from the 50s and 60s. There was a lot of Motown playing around the house as well. Then I learned how to listen to rock of the 80s and metal from the 70s from my sisters. Who also then taught me how to listen to industrial artists, techno, and such. That led to my listening to japanese noise, avante-garde electronica etc.
    The color of this signature is really blue. If you see otherwise, please adjust your monitor settings.

6. Music   -   #36
    all files are tested and safe

plopped in front of the black & white tv while my parents played bridge, lawrence welk (ah-one and ah-two) provided my introduction to music. click & open or save the pennsylvania polka for a wunnerful wunnerful example.

first trip to a record store as a child, my father let my 2 sisters and me each buy a 45. i'm pretty sure i picked witch doctor by david seville.

the first song i remember liking on WABC am radio in NY was if you wanna be happy by jimmy soul. say man, i saw your wife the other day, yeah and she's ugleeeeee

my life changed for good when the beatles hit the u.s. in '64. i just had to buy their 45 on Capitol i want to hold your hand. thanks mom.

it's been a helluva ride since then, but this old geezer still loves music from all genres and enjoys anything done well. (except lawrence welk of course)

7. Music   -   #37
    CrumbCat's Avatar Cachaça or Cachaça

That's gotta be one of the classic answers to this topic - don't get me wrong, I've
    enjoyed all of them so far, but wow - you gotta be reallllly OLD I'm guessing

Thanks for the links......I didn't even know music like that existed!

CC

8. Music   -   #38
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Im not old at all but im kinda gettin into the music my uncle listens to

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234