Thread: A wolf in sheep's clothing - McCain

kazaaman's Avatar Proud Indian
    I wasn't going to vote for John McCain, but after viewing this video I don't know where he stands on any issue and whether to believe his 'policies'. Obama isn't so great either; just wish Ron Paul had more votes . Well here's something for the American public to view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEtZlR3zp4c

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    That video doesn't show what many of the topics of conversation are.

For example, it shows a reporter stating, "McCain said if he were in charge during Katrina, he would have been on the ground, helping."

Then we see Keith Olbermann stating, "The morning Katrina made landfall mere hours after it hit, where was Senator McCain? Celebrating his own birthday with President Bush right next to Air Force One on the ground in Arizona."

This is typical of what you'll see in any of the videos in an attempt at degrading a politician.

The comment insinuates that McCain was in charge during Katrina. His only position on that day was a Senator of Arizona. Why would he be in Louisiana during a hurricane that everyone was to evacuate for? Why the heck would an Arizona Senator be on the ground in Louisiana during a hurricane to begin with? It's just silly...

The comment from the author also gives way to an obvious ulterior motive. The link for therealmccain.com and the slandering commentary.

Do yourself and your vote some justice and read the news for yourself. Decide what's best for you. Don't let some silly video decide your vote for you.

yo

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    惡魔的提倡者
    Right now the press is too busy fretting over Sen. Obama's bowling score and the huge issue of him preferring orange juice to coffee and isn't examining Sen. McCain too closely, so unless one knew much about him before he started campaigning one wouldn't notice his changed stances.
    I'm not sure why they included the Katrina bit either. Perhaps it's that while People were drowning President Bush was partying, and guess who he was partying with? Maybe they are trying to suggest that McCain should have told President Bush "screw the cake, get your ass over there". It's a powerful image. The rest of the video I have to say is accurate. It is fair to call a candidate on their own words.

I'll state up front I agree about paying too much attention to these one sided videos, at least without fact checking. It's sad how many people believe those Emails. Some are even picked up by the media and repeated as fact.

It would be nice if we were a little (a lot) more dignified when choosing our government. I'm not just talking about the undignified tactics of the campaigns, but also some of the voters. Those republican voters that took part in Limbaugh's chaos thing for example. Of course if you have a system that allows "the other side" to choose your candidate for you then you may deserve what you get as a party. It does however do the democratic process a disservice.
    Last edited by devilsadvocate; 05-19-2008 at 02:43 PM.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    McCain sucks donkey balls, but that's beside the point.

As devilsadvocate has pointed out, there is a distinct lack of dignity inherent in the campaign proceedings, but when has it ever been otherwise?

I submit the only difference is the proliferation of media, which lends the rhetorical fencing the freneticism of a game of ping-pong.

Frankly, if Obama attends a church wherein preaches a minister with the sensibilities of a Reverend Jeremiah Wright, I want to know...maybe not 24/7 for six weeks, but still.

As to McCain's exploits coincident with Katrina's landfall, I'd like to know that, too, but without the commentary of Mr. Olbermann.

We're talking about the Commander-In Chief, ffs.

I want to know everything.

Politics ain't beanbag, and I didn't coin that phrase, but I am glad for the rough-and-tumble.

Case-in-point:

Obama today saying, "Lay off my wife" over the negative response to her pride in the U.S. remarks.

If he wants to save her some lumps on the campaign trail, he should tell her to shut-up; if he doesn't want to do that, then he shouldn't complain.

She's a big girl.

Seems to me, anyway.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    kalypso's Avatar Member
    I don't want to vote for either of them, but I will be going Republican just because.

We've got to stop the Democrats from ruining what's left of the integrity of this great nation. Socializing this government is not constitutional. Period.
    Last edited by kalypso; 06-27-2008 at 01:22 AM.
    K A L Y P S O**********************3Mb Comcast Wireless w/ PowerBoost