Thread: Nintendo DS?

Looking at getting a DS for the misses, heard they are very easy to play copied games on.

Just wondering if I need anything other than this and a memory card?

*Can I have more than one game on a memory card (does it let you select the game you play)?
    *Do the ROM's region have to match my DS region?
    *Are there certain versions of the DS I should look for?
    *Anything else I should know?

Thanks

2. Games   -   #2
    Ramus's Avatar anti-trader BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    *Can I have more than one game on a memory card (does it let you select the game you play)? yes it does you can have a 2gig memory card that can hold alot of games
    *Do the ROM's region have to match my DS region? no they don't. but make sure the flash card firmware is up to date.
    *Are there certain versions of the DS I should look for? nope all you need is a flash card such as an R4 or M3 etc.

3. Games   -   #3
    illusory's Avatar Member BT Rep: +2
    I found that the cyclo ds evolution is pretty good as it can hold 8gb + cards. Works like a charm and allows you plenty of room for anything u might want. havent found a game that wont work on it

4. Games   -   #4
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy View Post
    Looking at getting a DS for the misses, heard they are very easy to play copied games on.

Just wondering if I need anything other than this and a memory card?

*Can I have more than one game on a memory card (does it let you select the game you play)?
    *Do the ROM's region have to match my DS region?
    *Are there certain versions of the DS I should look for?
    *Anything else I should know?

Thanks
    I already bought several DS'es and I have bought R4DS-cards as well as DSTT-cards.
    DSTT-cards are cheaper and can hold more than 2 GB mem cards.

That's why I would recommend buying DSTT's instead of R4DS.

About your questions:
    1. If you have, f.e. a 4 GB mem card you can put an average of +-100 games on it ...
    2. Region is not important with the DS. You can play any game from whatever region on your DS once you have a R4DS or DSTT card.
    3. Version of the DS is not important ... it works with every DS.
    4. As I said ... I prefer the DSTT because it is cheaper and has exactly the same capabilities as the R4DS. It can handle mem cards bigger than 2GB and the R4DS can't.

Good luck with your purchase. If ever you need places to get games give me a shout.
    Can you feel the LOVE

5. Games   -   #5
    ShadowsServant's Avatar Tomato BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I am debating getting a mod card.
    DSTT or R4DS? The price is not an issue for me. I just want the better quality.
    Which is better?
    I had a supercard and that one lagged, it froze on gameplay most of the time.
    Any input would be appreciated.

6. Games   -   #6
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    There are some rumors of Nintendo releasing a newer version of the DS on the E3 next month.

Anyone else heard about this?
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

7. Games   -   #7
    really? i havent heard anything

8. Games   -   #8
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    @ShadowServant I haven't tried the DSTT, but the R4 is great, I've never had any problems with it. Here is the R4's compatibility list. As you can see, only 0.21% of the games don't work with it. It also works great when you use it with the EZ 3in1 extension for gba games.
    Last edited by kaffeine; 06-28-2008 at 07:08 PM.
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

9. Games   -   #9
    ShadowsServant's Avatar Tomato BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Thank you for your input kaffeine. I will look into it.