Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Your own levels of rarity

BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Cool stuff. I like the idea a lot. I think those threads are really lacking myself. The WTAW thread is just silly and the WTO thread is way too clunky.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well the reason i came up with this idea was, because i just think the way it is done atm.

Everyone can read the WTO thread, and lets be honest its not the easiest to read and its very out of date, and a lot of info and trackers are missing from it.

Then we have the WTAW thread, which again lets be honest, its main emphasis is rarity, so members read it and it seems to me at least, rarity is the be all and end all of why a tracker is ranked and how good it is.

This way, all the oprions are in 1 list. witch is sortable, so if you want to sort by rarity you can, but its not the main emphasis of the list, every column has its own equal emphasis to the user thats sorting.

OK it may take awhile for members to not go straight to the Rarity sort column, but im sure that after awhile rarity wont mean that big of a deal, and we can judge trackers for what they are there for, to be used and wether it will be a place you would like or not.

I do think the reviews could be re-written as well, and by an impartial member (not staff of that tracker) and in the review, actually explain how you got those numbers for this table, just a lot more in depth than a bunch of screenshots from 6 months ago type thing.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    ligerpt's Avatar Supreme User
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    well you have an idea how it will work but maybe add.

Fav : Name : Seeds : Leechers: Members : Torrents: Pre : Rarity : Speed : Content : Community : Usage: Open : Overall : Type : Updated

Fav = Favicon pic
    Name = tracker name linked to review
    Seeds = Seeds
    Leechers = Leechers
    Members = Members
    Torrent = # of alive torrents on the tracker
    Pre = Pre Time # from 1-10 or even a % out of 100 if you want (same for the ones below)
    Rarity = how hard it is to get in, but again, you can scrap this for me.
    Speed = Speed when you download from the tracker
    Content = Number of torrents, and Quality of the torrents
    Community = how active are the forums, and the torrent comments
    Usage = how easy it is to keep a ratio easy/medium/hard
    Open = Like i said in my previous post
    Overall = overall rating maybe this one could be out of 100%
    Type = 0day/games/ebooks/movie etc etc
    Updated = just the date it was updated by whomever updates it.

You could also have the columns sortable as well but that might take javascript which imnot sure you can do in a forum thread.

I will probably come up with more columns later, but that will do for now lol

and you could add staff in there somewhere as well lol cheers for the poster above me who mentioned that
    I think Stoi's idea is great an sooner or later a list like this will be the "official" list.
    I wouldn´t put that much information though, so it can be easier updated. But that's an excellent base to work for.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345