Thread: Aopen Ax4ge Max, Mother Board

Does anyone know how much memory you can dedicate to the internal graphics?
    I think it is 8MB by default but is it possible to dedicate more, let say 64MB

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    You can find this out at the Aopen Ax4ge Max website.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Only says, Integrated VGA Engine in chipset nothing about how much you can dedicate to the graphics or have i missed something?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    I'm guessing that onboard video shares your memory with the rest of the system.

If that's true than any allocation of such memory [for your graphics] is probably software adjustable. Check the bios of the mobo. 3rd party software may do this but I wouldn't know what to recommend.

While this may be possible, why mess with it? You can buy a stand alone graphics card for cheap these days.

Good luck with it...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    The thing is that i have L4S5MG/GL today which i can dedicate 8-64MB to the internal graphics but I have the Aopen mobo laying around wich is better in other ways, supports 5.1 sound, serial ata etc but i dont want the hazzle to rebuild if I cant dedicate any ram to it, 8MB i way to little and if thats the case ill wait until some $ comes in.
    The sad part is that i cant afford a good stand alone at the moment but I have the surrond speakers and the serial ata so its like knowing its in the drawer for nothing

But I'll guess i have to wait or have a rebuild weekend

Just thought that someone here had the aopen mobo and could save me "a lot" of hazzle.

Thanks anyway!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I found it

Intel 845G series chipset built-in Intel Extreme Graphics with 266 MHz VGA core, 256-bit 3D engine and Intel Dynamic Video Memory up to 64MB

CYA when I'm back online