Thread: DVD Vob files?

Hello!

I have a Video_TS folder that is 4.10GB. No Extras at all just the film. Is there a way to compress the files/folder so I can burn it to regular DVD-R (4.7GB)?
    A taste of heaven........

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    LOL
    4.10 GB < 4.7 GB and i do not see any reasons that it can't be recorded on regular DVD-R ...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    惡魔的提倡者
    Porsche_maniak is of course correct, so did you mistype the folder size or are you joking?

Have you actually tried and failed to write a DVD from this folder?

Does the folder contain the .IFO and .BUP files or just the .VOB files

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    RedRansom's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    maybe video is over 120 min so you didnt write to dvd video? but you can write data dvd ? if yo didnt write wrong
    4.10 GB < 4.7 GB ????

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRansom View Post
    maybe video is over 120 min so you didnt write to dvd video? but you can write data dvd ? if yo didnt write wrong
    4.10 GB < 4.7 GB ????
    ....DATA DVD? Is that thru a program like NERO? Again the size is correct I only asked if I can minimize the size only be cause I wasted 3 DVD-R's on this. But I never tried the DATA aspect.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by vali View Post

....DATA DVD? Is that thru a program like NERO? Again the size is correct I only asked if I can minimize the size only be cause I wasted 3 DVD-R's on this. But I never tried the DATA aspect.

Are you saying it fails to complete writing the DVD?

It sounds like the problem is either with your DVD burning software, your DVD writer or the media you are using. Have you tried DVD+r

The file size makes no difference. If the media wasn't sufficient to take the files you would have been prompted to insert a larger capacity disk.

Do you actually know how to burn movie DVD's from .vob? That's why I asked if you have the .ifo &.bup files.

If you do have them then a program like 1clickdvdcopy5 http://www.1clickdvdcopy.com/download.asp will do the job (If you download you get something like 5 uses free trial).

If not you will need to make the ifo and bup files using something like vobedit along with ifoedit. (freeware) http://members.dodo.net.au/~jimmalenko/test.htm tells you how to do it.
    Last edited by devilsadvocate; 05-21-2008 at 07:55 PM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    [QUOTE=devilsadvocate;2834778]
    Quote Originally Posted by vali View Post

Are you saying it fails to complete writing the DVD?

It sounds like the problem is either with your DVD burning software, your DVD writer or the media you are using. Have you tried DVD+r

The file size makes no difference. If the media wasn't sufficient to take the files you would have been prompted to insert a larger capacity disk.

Do you actually know how to burn movie DVD's from .vob? That's why I asked if you have the .ifo &.bup files.

I do know how to burn DVD's. The 1click thing didn't do anything. I just used another program " clonedvd2 ", worked fine. I guess I just had 3 defective Disk(s). Thanks for the help.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    RedRansom's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    dude are you writing .vobs for play a dvd player ?? namely you are creating dvdvideo at nero right? and about runtime of .vob?
    and data dvd surely not a app:-/ a kind of write method .I only wanted to say data dvd is normal dvd writing like media,documents everything :S