Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why ppl keep gather accounts ?

BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dunson View Post
    Because people seek better content and communities. Besides, most trackers aren't that great or it just doesn't fit right.

It has nothing to do with ego or epenis for many of us. I'm simply willing to check out a tracker if it sounds like I might like it. You have to join to see if you will, so you wind up with a bunch of accounts over time, including more that you use every day and those that you don't really use at all.
    You are being inocent dunson...

The most of us, as you said want a collection, simple as that.

Some great users just want that tracker (can be 2 or 3, but not >15 trackers ), the one they like, the one they feel that the up is deserved... And users like that, we can't see a lot of them now.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    You have to join to see if you will, so you wind up with a bunch of accounts over time, including more that you use every day and those that you don't really use at all.
    It seems to me that most(not all) people here are pretty knowledgeable about the relative merits of different trackers so I not sure your argument entirely holds water.
    If you've been on a tracker long enough to be sure that it's not right for you then you should request to have your account removed to free up space for other people.
    It the proper thing to do unless, like TitusBlade pointed out ,you are only using them for trading or to get rep points with.(I don't mean you dunson.I know that you don't operate like that) .

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    monk3y's Avatar Pirate's Life for me BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    nice try

Do not pm me requesting for invites as i have none to spare
    Signature & Avatar Rules

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    MODERATION BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Anyways, I think that for start account GA should be forbidden....

Quote Originally Posted by monk3y View Post
    nice try
    And u, if u got some issues with me...just say/pm it, don't have time for that ****.
    Last edited by mievmo; 05-21-2008 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I think what our man dunson was spitting out is that it is a trial and error procedure. You don't know the interior of a tracker from some review/level bloatage. You need to jump over the wall to check it out for yourself.

But then, like Idol said, you should (if you're a responsible person) delete the accounts at the communities you idle and generally ignore.

It's also an addiction, plain and simple. A psychosomatic condition, known as "Trackerfrenzy". To feed it, wubs sign up on as many "private" trackers as they can. When they hit 50 trackers, it's celebration time!

I don't think in the recent times (even though many traders or whatever you call them are still getting into everywhere (ScT/FTN even, etc) following the "GA" and "Trade" line is so popular anymore. Now it's either multiple account @ FST paradiso, (whereby each suits it's purpose: 1 for trading everything, 1 for making GA's and collect repopoints, and 1 for Anti-Trader lobbying and general pseudo-intellectual "I Have Depth" postings) or simply a "change of your past" move, whereby members that previously had 10,000 bt rep and made an average of 40 GA's a week, hide their bt rep and become "STOP MAKING GA's YOU F"=)# NO0BZ". Oh, and they also visit other areas of the forum to try to appear not completely BitTorrentInviteSectionAddicted.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    TidusBlade's Avatar Watermelon Knight BT Rep: +3
    It has nothing to do with ego or epenis for many of us. I'm simply willing to check out a tracker if it sounds like I might like it. You have to join to see if you will, so you wind up with a bunch of accounts over time, including more that you use every day and those that you don't really use at all.
    Thats not the type I was talking about, but rather the type that when you ask them what trackers do they like or are part of and they spit out a list of 30+ Trackers xD
    Like last week or so, some random person probably from FST adds me on MSN and says hi, and then starts telling me about the trackers he has

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    why not, if it serves a purpose . anyway i dont believe in keeping 10 0-day accounts .

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Because people seek better content and communities. Besides, most trackers aren't that great or it just doesn't fit right.

QFT.
    Just out of curiosity many people want to check as much sites as they can. It happens to me, and then time makes the nature selection and only some sites are kept in use.
    There's nothing wrong with that if it's for these purposes.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Aka_katz's Avatar Poster
    i use 4 trackers...max in my eyes u should have 4-6 but thats just my opinion. [:
    A member of the scene from late 1999
    __Invites___: TL (1), SCC(1)
    __Donated_ : TR

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    MODERATION BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Any staff reply ?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast