Thread: what problem is this????

Surprised/Amazed

Hi friends I am using xp SP2. And I am using kaspersky anti virus...i posses two drives C and D.i have come across a problem in the logo of D drive,which is been exhibited in GREEN color and all the files with in D drive are also possessing the same problem.I suspect that this problem due to certain virus.please let me know about your suggestions to the problem that i face.

Thanks
    Nisarga.........

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    More info...
    What is on the HDD? Did your virus program pick up anything?
    Have you Defraged that HDD. Do you have a program that defrags your HDD or just the windows one that is provided?
    A taste of heaven........

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    I would run a free online virus scan, like the one provided by trend micro.

Google "Trend Micro Virus Scan" and follow the instructions for the online version. If you are using a paid or non free version of Kapersky, it should be pretty good though too.

Do you have a screen shot of what this looks like to share?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Why not post a screenshot to show what you mean?
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    mansour's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    if your file system is NTFS I think you select to Encrypt you D: partition with all containt.
    green colour for encryption and blue for compression.
    that is not a virus.
    you can remove it from the prosperities then advanced the uncheck the encryption box.
    hope that is help you man

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mansour View Post
    if your file system is NTFS I think you select to Encrypt you D: partition with all containt.
    that is not a virus.
    you can remove it from the prosperities then advanced the uncheck the encryption box.
    Yep, mansour's right. Check here for more info on removing file/folder encryption in Windows XP.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    mansour's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mansour View Post
    that is not a virus.
    Yep, mansour's right. Check here for more info on removing file/folder encryption in Windows XP.
    I like KBs and use it in my study

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    hey thanks lot friends...it works.....................

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    rly its vry gud question...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by sunil View Post
    rly its vry gud question...
    Can you feel the LOVE