Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Cox Isp Called You? They Will Now!

PLease read!! Its to your benefit

As some of you have seen I have posted a few questions here about the possibility of getting caught for filesharing. Well here is for the ones that answered me "that it was really unlikely to get caught". Today I received a call from my ISP (Cox). Saying that I have been violating copyright laws and that I should stop at once and delete the files from my pc. Although I do not think any legal action will be taken against me. This is just to let anyone else who has cox to be more careful. From now on Im not going to share files anymore. I will still keep on DL if I do not get contacted again. For those of you who want more detail as to what files im talking about. here it is: They were also able to name each file they were talking about.

Emule: All Games

Kazaa: I have not run it in about 2 months so that might be why It was not brought up.

PS. For those of you who can still fileshare please do so.

thank you

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    well if my ISP said that I would say fuck it I still would share

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    by the way what is your user name on kazaa? I'll make sure I block your ass

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by powershot@13 August 2003 - 05:21
    PLease read!!  Its to your benefit

As some of you have seen I have posted a few questions here about the possibility of getting caught for filesharing. Well here is for the ones that answered me "that it was really unlikely to get caught". Today I received a call from my ISP (Cox). Saying that I have been violating copyright laws and that I should stop at once and delete the files from my pc. Although I do not think any legal action will be taken against me. This is just to let anyone else who has cox to be more careful. From now on Im not going to share files anymore. I will still keep on DL if I do not get contacted again. For those of you who want more detail as to what files im talking about. here it is: They were also able to name each file they were talking about.

Emule: All Games

Kazaa:  I have not run it in about 2 months so that might be why It was not brought up.

PS. For those of you who can still fileshare please do so.

thank you
    the best bet is to contact you ISP. supplier and find out what there policy is on the subject, my ISP. suppliers policy is they will give you 3 warnings and then end your contract with them, so you will have to get a new ISP., so i would not worry about it just use the privacy tool on the new kazaa lite 2.41 and you should be ok, i know loads of people that have got these messages from the ISP. never herd if it going any further then an e-mail warning.…

p.s it is best to carry on sharring

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    first all

thclee

shut up moron. lol

All im saying is that for some people there is no other alternative if your ISP cuts you off. Other then 56k. Which I wont go back to. Also just giving a heads up to people that do have cox as their isp. Ive been filesharing for a long time now. Today was the first time they said something. However I can not live with a 56k connection. So for now like I said I will have to stop sharing. If you dont wanna share your files with me thats fine. I dont care...

There are many other people that will. inside kazza and outside..

peace out ..

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I can live with a 56k connection In fact I do and am stuck with it for life

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Good for you Hogster (congratulations)

Im happy for you if it meets your expectations. However I do more then DL things and play games. I also work from home.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    Somewhere between the cornfields of Central Illinois
    Originally posted by thcLee@13 August 2003 - 00:35
    by the way what is your user name on kazaa? I'll make sure I block your ass
    Who are you directing this to? It would be helpful if you would quote the person you are directing your posts to. Just click on "Quote" and go from there.

Thanks! :pirate:

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Yeah THCLEE moron..................

use the quote button

hehe

O and my name in kazaa is:

[email protected]

ps. plz block me so I can not get all your precious files lmfao

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Good for you Hogster (congratulations)

Im happy for you if it meets your expectations. However I do more then DL things and play games. I also work from home.
    thank you

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast