Thread: Installation Guide To Forum Softwares

<span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Thanks. I&#39;ve been fighting this install for several days now. The instructions packaged with the software are crap.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Thanks.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    You are welcome. Found it to be very helpful. Have read several times people asking about it. Now I guess this will answer most of the queries.

Cheers&#33;
    I.am ^_^
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    Actually, i&#39;ve found the PHPBB.com installation guide just fine... it wasn&#39;t very hard anyway. But still, thx now you might wanna post a guide on how to modify templates... i&#39;d really like to see a good one...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Where the hell do you get forum software?
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by Ynhockey@13 August 2003 - 10:50
    Actually, i&#39;ve found the PHPBB.com installation guide just fine... it wasn&#39;t very hard anyway. But still, thx now you might wanna post a guide on how to modify templates... i&#39;d really like to see a good one...
    Were you installing to your own server? That&#39;s where I&#39;m finding the problem. It&#39;s all about publishing to an ftp server that is not local. I don&#39;t need the leechftp steps and it won&#39;t work without it it seems. All my permissions are set in the IIS admin snapin so chmod seems to conflict. And only small parts of php4 are working right.
    I&#39;ve tried it from 2 win2k systems following their steps and it just won&#39;t work. I get some messed up frames where the configuration page should be but it&#39;s unreadable.