Thread: Future of file sharing?

What do you think the future of file sharing will be? If they found a way to stop all file sharing right now what would you do?

Everyone says there will always be a way but I'm not so sure. I remember reading a few articles where they put some of the warez group leaders in jail. If they stop enough warez groups a lot of the material will start to disappear.

Also if they are ever able to find a way to clamp down on newsgroups the main pipe for all the content is gone. The providers say they will not release personal info unless forced. If it comes down to them being sued and jail time your personal info will mean nothing to them.

I do feel guilty about file sharing and was wondering if anyone else ever gets this way. I do like to buy movies/music when I can and support the artists and producers. At the same time I don't think the prices they charge for things are fair. When I see movie star weddings that cost 10 times as much as my house it annoys me very bad.

I work very hard for my money as I'm sure a lot of you do. I have a friend that owns roughly 10,000 cd's/movies and lives in a crappy apartment. If he would of saved a small amount of that money he might be living in a nice house right now.

Do you have any tips for someone that still wants to enjoy music movies and do it the honest way? I could buy some older cd's online for cheap or do the 1$ drm free songs. I could also do my movie rentals from netflix and budget myself for buying 2-3 movies a month. My girlfriend plans to get cable so that can take care of a lot of our tv shows. The prices for tv box sets are just insane.

thanks for listening

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    No tips, just steal whatever you want and watch / listen to it.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    i think the future of file sharing will be where one girl takes a load of files in the mouth and then lays on top of another girl and the dribbles those files into her mouth. then they roll over and repeat a couple of times.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    invadercat's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by jedispork View Post
    What do you think the future of file sharing will be? If they found a way to stop all file sharing right now what would you do?

Everyone says there will always be a way but I'm not so sure. I remember reading a few articles where they put some of the warez group leaders in jail. If they stop enough warez groups a lot of the material will start to disappear.

Also if they are ever able to find a way to clamp down on newsgroups the main pipe for all the content is gone. The providers say they will not release personal info unless forced. If it comes down to them being sued and jail time your personal info will mean nothing to them.

I do feel guilty about file sharing and was wondering if anyone else ever gets this way. I do like to buy movies/music when I can and support the artists and producers. At the same time I don't think the prices they charge for things are fair. When I see movie star weddings that cost 10 times as much as my house it annoys me very bad.

I work very hard for my money as I'm sure a lot of you do. I have a friend that owns roughly 10,000 cd's/movies and lives in a crappy apartment. If he would of saved a small amount of that money he might be living in a nice house right now.

Do you have any tips for someone that still wants to enjoy music movies and do it the honest way? I could buy some older cd's online for cheap or do the 1$ drm free songs. I could also do my movie rentals from netflix and budget myself for buying 2-3 movies a month. My girlfriend plans to get cable so that can take care of a lot of our tv shows. The prices for tv box sets are just insane.

thanks for listening
    if you feel guilty about it, donate to charity. you'll feel better.
    sharing is a joy

5. Lounge   -   #5
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder View Post
    i think the future of file sharing will be where one girl takes a load of files in the mouth and then lays on top of another girl and the dribbles those files into her mouth. then they roll over and repeat a couple of times.
    u mean file swapping

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Pervert

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    2 girls 1 torrent

8. Lounge   -   #8
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    2 girls 1 torrent
    Bookmarked

9. Lounge   -   #9
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I have an unrelated question:

Is it:

1. jedi's pork?

Is it:

2. jedi spork?

Is it:

3. jed is pork?

Or is it something French?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain