Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leeching

in my experience it seems to be worse with broadband users, steal all your bandwidth and give nothing in return

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Poster
    No, leechers shouldnt be allowed but neither are spammer that start retard subjects like this.....

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    hey if all you have available is 56k or in the case around where I am, LESS, MUCH LESS than 56k cause the phone lines SUCK, then if you open up your shares to everyone you'll never get the file you want for yourself. would you want to give up most of your bandwidth to like 10 other people trying to download from you and have a tv show or something big like that transfer at less than 1.0k/s? that'll take years!    hey, i can see if you got broadband (if it's even available to you) then yeah, you got the extra bandwidth to spare so you should share, but if you're barely alive as it is, lay off the people they're just trying to get their stuff without it taking years.    most of you guys are lucky. you can get broadband where you are, and afford it, over 75% of the country still uses 56k or less cause that's all there is. think about how we feel before you go slamming us for not sharing. I'm tired of hearing 56k is not an excuse. BULL$hit!    i couldn't care less about the RIAA or my ISP, it's a matter of available bandwidth to me. if i had a fast connection i'd be happy to share.
    well, maybe if you lowered your max upload amount, then maybe you wouldnt have the problem? not to mention the fact thatit might just be your source that is guiving 1 k per second? i have dsl, and it would be grand if i got 1k per second, also, im glad to know im not th only one whos against leeching, anyways, also, i never knew that only 25% of the country use dsl or more, but it does sound accurate, anyways, i do realise that there are good reasons as to why you might not share, but bandwidth problems is NOT one of them, theres an option to limit max uploads, use it! id be so much happier with remotely queued than more sources needed, anyways, theres this wierd thing, its searching for sources, and then itr finds someone then it says more sources needed again, its the same user pretty much, and i find it odd, it has happened several times now, and i want to knopw if anyone else has this happen...

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    ymm yeah leechers well hmmm..... ummmmm..... any proof that someojnes a leech?

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Poster
    I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to include stats on each connection somehow, instead of actually showing which files they aere..

Of course that would mean that some of these complainers might be shown up as being leaches as well or sharing shit even. Accountability can be a bitch both ways.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    I don't care how much the people downloading from me are sharing. Hell, I just like watching the uploaded list go.

If your upload is so limited you have to watch it for leeches, you should probably be a leech yourself. And if it's not, WHY THE FUCK DO YOU CARE?

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Originally posted by stonecold1203@14 August 2003 - 20:09
    60% people don't share on kazaa.

I'm one of the 60%. And i say it proud. I will NOT get in trouble for my ISP (no, i don't mean RIAA) just because some person wants to download of me.
    Are you the same guy that just awhile ago said you had you upload limits expanded after calling your ISP and complaining. Wow that changed quickly.

Also what the f**k ISP do you have, I seem to remember you going on and on about AOL. Whatever ISP it is, what the fuck are you paying them for if you can't upload, thats a f**king lie, or should I say what are you parents paying them for. I never heard of an ISP saying you cannot upload, do you get an additional $1 off a monthy you...

Complete bullshit, some ISP's limit the amount of upload. Mine is at about 250mb a day, download at 1gb a day. Seems after you got them to open that upload speed you may have f**king maxed out that limit, causing an email to be sent to all users on the account, thats what they do, including your parents!! So now that your in trouble with your folks, not your ISP, you've become a leech.

Oh, you also mentioned you don't care what we think as well, well actually I don't care what you do truthfully. The bullshit just seems to fly when I read your posts, and I'm guessing your about fourteen. So I will give you fortteen year old advice, tell your parents all ISP's allow upload, then find out their limits and explain you'll keep it cool, no more f**kups and spook email, parents don't like that. Then you can share again and become a part of the community once more.

Of course if you are not the same person, clue me in.

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    REALITY you better tone down that language a bit

you say f*ck not fuck

I dont think \ its the same guy as before

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Originally posted by Hogster@15 August 2003 - 07:17
    REALITY you better tone down that language a bit

you say f*ck not fuck

I dont think \ its the same guy as before
    Ok, I cleaned it, just got a tad irritated.

I think it is the same guy, although...
    Of course if you are not the same person, clue me in.
    As I said, clue me in.

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    ok maybe someone can help me out with this, the whole bandwidth appears to be about 50 so if two uploads are say 25 each, my downloads drop out or slow to a crawl, in the options uploads is set at 1024, shoudl it be 24 so that i get at least half my band width...i have no problem with sharing just it seems to be a one way street most of the time

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast