Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you have homosexual friends/relatives?!

I live in a city with many people of this persuasion so it would be quite unavoidable if at least a few of my friends were. Some have actually had quite a hard time accepting it even if they seem fairly open about it. It has given me a bit more insight on the "is it a choice" question, for which I still don't have an absolute answer.

Anyway, my thoughts on the matter really focus around the idea that they are just like anyone else but making that choice and it is theirs to make. What I don't really have tolerance for is the people who jump out and want you to know absolutely that they are different. Unfortunately there are many people in this latter category here.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by pete023 View Post
    Homosexuality is a bad thing...why? the answer is very simple...

How is life created? through a Man/Woman, if everybody were a homosexual, then there would be no life on this earth.

Also, if you are a devout christian, you will understand that your sexual organs were not given to you for your 'own pleasure', oh no, they were actually given to you so you could reproduce and give someone else life. Of course in this day and age everybody uses their sexual organs for their own pleasure which is unfortunate.

Lastly anybody who is a homosexual is most likely an atheist, you cannot be a christian and also a homosexual, it just doesn't happen that way, you might 'think' you are a christian but your far from it unfortunately.
    So what are you proposing, ein Führer?

To put homos in concentration camps?
    Last edited by The Flying Cow; 06-13-2008 at 06:14 PM.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by pete023 View Post
    Homosexuality is a bad thing...why? the answer is very simple...

How is life created? through a Man/Woman, if everybody were a homosexual, then there would be no life on this earth.

Also, if you are a devout christian, you will understand that your sexual organs were not given to you for your 'own pleasure', oh no, they were actually given to you so you could reproduce and give someone else life. Of course in this day and age everybody uses their sexual organs for their own pleasure which is unfortunate.

Lastly anybody who is a homosexual is most likely an atheist, you cannot be a christian and also a homosexual, it just doesn't happen that way, you might 'think' you are a christian but your far from it unfortunately.
    Pretty judgmental.

I judge too, but I do it for myself, and I try to be slightly less than God-like about it.

My religious views are for me, and, as I am absent God's wisdom, I shant clobber anybody with them.

Beyond that, I'll leave your post alone.

Quote Originally Posted by VillageShaman View Post
    When I moved out we had two neighbours next to our room who were homosexuals.
    1) They were neat and tidy
    2) I never heard them in sexual congress (they shared the room right next to ours)
    3) The only time I got pished was when I had to bark for them to turn the music down, which they sometimes did early in the morning (~11ish) after hard binge nights it was a pain in the arse.

So no, I have no prejudice. You can bonk who you like, as long as you don't come in my face asking for some secksual favour, I'm cool with wtv. It's your personal life, so.
    Quote Originally Posted by j51im View Post
    I live in a city with many people of this persuasion so it would be quite unavoidable if at least a few of my friends were. Some have actually had quite a hard time accepting it even if they seem fairly open about it. It has given me a bit more insight on the "is it a choice" question, for which I still don't have an absolute answer.

Anyway, my thoughts on the matter really focus around the idea that they are just like anyone else but making that choice and it is theirs to make. What I don't really have tolerance for is the people who jump out and want you to know absolutely that they are different. Unfortunately there are many people in this latter category here.
    Reading these two posts, coupled with my own previously expressed views, it strikes me that alot of gays don't know how to be gay as quietly as many I have been acquainted with over the years.

I have known gays who were openly so without the flames, without the persecution complex, and who couldn't tell you what the inside of a closet looked like, either.

Maybe it's out-of-style.

Of course, this is not to withhold empathy for those who are secreted by certain necessities, either.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    An interesting point to be raised, in reply to a prominent theme expressed in many posts is...

Why should a gay couple be quiet. Or is this something we expect as a general rule.

If so, do you.....

* Roll your eyes and think quite shoving it in my face, when you see a newly married hetero couple parade down the street with cans banging and horns honking.

* Look twice and go "gross" if you see a hetero couple kiss on the street.

* Feel offended, pissed or grossed out if a hetero person talk about this great date they had/how much they love their new ??/ etc etc

Point is... People say they don't have a problem with gays but then qualify it by saying, well as long as they don't advertise it or put it in my face how much they're into some other guy/girl/lifestyle etc.

Well... how I see it.... Straight couples have been dumb-ass goofy about professing their love in the most oddly public ways for as long as memory holds. Why is this suddenly strange/odd/disgusting/wrong if a gay couple acts in the exact same way.

If you are uncomfortable than you are likely biased and really awkward with same-gender sexuality. Hey, it's not the end of the world. One is hard pressed to find someone who is without a bias.

Just.... don't turn this into the gay person's "problem" for your discomfort.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    I am fine with a gay couple holding hands, kissing, or anything else hetero couples do. What I am not fine with is people thinking they are special. Doing things that don't come natural to show off that they walk that road.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    That's not a gay thing. That's just an "i'm full of myself" kind of attitude. Lots of those jerks floating around.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by kallieb View Post
    Why should a gay couple be quiet. Or is this something we expect as a general rule.
    I think you are intentionally misapprehending the point I was trying to make, which is not, "if you insist on being gay, would you kindly hide it/shut up about it".

Think more along the lines of being comfortable in one's own skin, and not predicating everything you are (or may be) on that singular fact.

I have had a few conversations with people who were contemplating/agonizing over the question of coming out to family and/or friends, and it always seems to be an exercise in backing the focus out to include all of the other things that make a human being:

"So you're gay, huh? Well, if that's all you are, you're gonna have a tough go of it."
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    kalypso's Avatar Member
    I have three homosexual cousins, two girls one guy. I don't avoid them because of it, hey, it's their lives, not mine. I don't hold things against people that they can't help. I do pray for them though, that God will forgive them and accept them into Heaven when their time comes, because it is clear in the scripture that he understands and tolerates homosexuality but only if it isn't acted upon. So yeah, I worry about them, but I love them unconditionally, so they are always close to me in my heart. I'd like to believe that God wouldn't judge them and cast them to Hell but I don't know the actual answer to that. I only know what I've read, and that seems pretty clear he doesn't want people acting on it. To act on it would be sinful, and your sins can be forgiven but not if you ask for repentance and then do it over and over again. I don't know. This is a very loaded discussion and I do not wish to upset anyone. I honestly have nothing against gay people myself, I have two very good friends that are gay and they are wonderful people, as are my cousins.
    K A L Y P S O**********************3Mb Comcast Wireless w/ PowerBoost

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    invadercat's Avatar Poster
    none that i know of.
    sharing is a joy

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    i dont get it . is there anything in the western countries which isnt considered normal ?
    i donno why many of you people consider being gay normal ?

maybe pedophiles are normal too

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast