Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516

Thread: Requirements for FTN

deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post

Not all torrent sites are only in it for the profit.
    And that's another reason why it is one of the best sites around, and also why people donate more freely.
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

2. BitTorrent   -   #152
    Quote Originally Posted by deadalive1 View Post

And that's another reason why it is one of the best sites around, and also why people donate more freely.
    Agree's and there are a lot of sites out there not in it for money but make the members of the site happy
    All they want at most is donations to cover current costs and upgrades
    Sites not in it for the money also plough all spare money back into the site with such things as faster better servers

Which imho is the only way it should be. But there are a lot of sites that send several pms out each month for monies and have usually well covered the costs that month but not yet paid there bills i.e. mortgage, leccy bills
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

3. BitTorrent   -   #153
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckater View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deadalive1 View Post
    Agree's and there are a lot of sites out there not in it for money but make the members of the site happy
    All they want at most is donations to cover current costs and upgrades
    Sites not in it for the money also plough all spare money back into the site with such things as faster better servers

Which imho is the only way it should be. But there are a lot of sites that send several pms out each month for monies and have usually well covered the costs that month but not yet paid there bills i.e. mortgage, leccy bills
    Sadly, a lot of them sites have UK connections, which embarrasses me no end.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #154
    Snap sgtmajor, why are people who open sites up for the community and supply people there needs for releases end up as greedy self pretencious people I will never know.
    I suspect some open up in 1st place thinking they will make a killing out of a torrent site but I hope they fail from day 1.

Donations from users should be used for the site and sites should not beg for monies. I know one or 2 that ask once in a blue moon when funds are low and that I think aint so bad as 99% of the times those sites are just using donations for the site
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

5. BitTorrent   -   #155
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by VillageShaman View Post
    Duly noted.

-Sherman
    I like how you tried to manipulate my sentence. Basically what it means is, not all torrent sites are brought up with the desire to make money. That better?
    Do not pm me for invites. At the moment I will not be participating here in that regard. I will ignore your pm.

6. BitTorrent   -   #156
    BANNED BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I am not member of FTN,but every day i see that is really the most wanted tracker at this forum.
    What i think is,that the thing that truly makes FTN unique is its ideology.The non p2l and the fact that is providing good speeds(far as i know) with no ratio system is a good combination for all users even those with the slow internet connections.Not so much the community thing,but those reasons i mentioned above.I know that im not saying anything new here,but i wanted to post it.
    I am not in position to know how the staff of every single tracker gathers its sources to make it happen,but ive never heard about using money for the needs of the staff or something like this on FTN.Ive made a quick google search and ive read some old posts about how some 0day trackers get rich and taking advantage of their users(TL+others for example,have nothing against them though).I am not against the p2l system,i am using on a daily basis SCC which has a p2l system,and im satisfied with it(needs improvements though).
    To sum up,i think that trackers like FTN are good to exist not only for the speeds and content,but more for their ideology which comes much closer to the true meaning of sharing.

ps:this is not a post which wants to lick ftn owner ass,im just mentioning it because some fags will try to use my post and flame.

7. BitTorrent   -   #157
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by iamKy666 View Post
    I am not member of FTN,but every day i see that is really the most wanted tracker at this forum.
    What i think is,that the thing that truly makes FTN unique is its ideology.The non p2l and the fact that is providing good speeds(far as i know) with no ratio system is a good combination for all users even those with the slow internet connections.Not so much the community thing,but those reasons i mentioned above.I know that im not saying anything new here,but i wanted to post it.
    I am not in position to know how the staff of every single tracker gathers its sources to make it happen,but ive never heard about using money for the needs of the staff or something like this on FTN.Ive made a quick google search and ive read some old posts about how some 0day trackers get rich and taking advantage of their users(TL+others for example,have nothing against them though).I am not against the p2l system,i am using on a daily basis SCC which has a p2l system,and im satisfied with it(needs improvements though).
    To sum up,i think that trackers like FTN are good to exist not only for the speeds and content,but more for their ideology which comes much closer to the true meaning of sharing.

ps:this is not a post which wants to lick ftn owner ass,im just mentioning it because some fags will try to use my post and flame.
    For some reason, I luv those guyz

8. BitTorrent   -   #158
    bladesharp's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    UPDATE : Seems like the current invite festival is over and done...

9. BitTorrent   -   #159
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    i think you need a college degree and no criminal record to get into ftn...volunteer work may also be a plus

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516