Thread: Anybody know didedicated servers?

mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    http://www.didedicated.com

I'm currently server shopping and stumbled across this company. Has anyone used them yet? I think they are fairly new, but they seem like great buys!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    http://www.didedicated.com

I'm currently server shopping and stumbled across this company. Has anyone used them yet? I think they are fairly new, but they seem like great buys!
    hmm never heard of them..but you might want to read the fine print a little bit...

http://www.didedicated.com/t-95percentile.aspx

seems like if you burn up their bandwidth, you get service charged.

plus any company that says "you will get a burst speed of up to 100mb/s" isnt a company id ever rent a server from.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    yeah, thanks for the pointer

I've been looking for some cheap servers, but I think I'm just gonna go with leaseweb again. I can handle debian and their prices aren't too bad (even with the dollar as low as it is).

4. BitTorrent   -   #4

I've been looking for some cheap servers, but I think I'm just gonna go with leaseweb again. I can handle debian and their prices aren't too bad (even with the dollar as low as it is).
    ya they still are the better ones out there.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post

Value wise or quality?

Same price and better quality, or are both higher?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post

Value wise or quality?

Same price and better quality, or are both higher?

Price is high as usual, but quality wise, they just go up lol.

Just wish gbs was +50 euros lol

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    mailman1111
    A little feedback here. We have used them for almost 1.5 years. Our website is the lifeblood of our business. For the first, year things were fine. Then things went downhill fast.

Our website would go down due to them doing maintenance/upgrading of the server DURING THE DAY of all times. They have poor/inept technical support. They do not respond quickly to the help tickets that are filed. I recently filed a help ticket and it was promptly closed within 10 minutes without any explanation as to why. I had to reopen it to get my answer. The guy who was "helping" me would hardly take any responsibility for anything that went wrong. We eventually found another provider.

SUMMARY: DO NOT USE DIDEDICATED servers!!!

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1
    And this is in the bittorrent section... why?

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    well because when this thread was started and before whiners like u joined this site there wasnt a seperate seedbox section ..

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Shadow876's Avatar Torrents Rules ! BT Rep: +5
    Yeap it seem's LeaseWeb is probably one of the best out there but from now on you must subscribe for 3 month minimum.

I wanted to try Kimsufi dedicated cheapest server at 19.99 euro with very interesting spec. but they don't offer the service for my country Neitheir in the USA. Too bad.

So instead i have opted for a good webui utorrent seedbox.
    I hope one day i get invited to HDBits...