Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why?

Wilton331's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Some of you may have read my last thread about how I got banned from What.cd because I gave away invites to members here at FST.

Well, it was an honest mistake, and luckily a member here helped me get my account back on the terms that I never have invites again (which was totally fine with me).

What.cd has easily become my favorite tracker. With Gazelle now in high gear, the site is simply beautiful - and since I got back on there is no way that I would do anything to sacrifice my account again.

--- Tonight I tried to log in to the tracker to find that my account was disabled again. I immediately went on to their irc channel, and was absolutely the most polite that I could possibly be.

Peter: Hi dblaze, is there any way that you could please help me?
    [11:21pm] dblaze: username?
    [11:21pm] dblaze: I suspect you are slowly typing out a reason why you need an invite
    [11:22pm] dblaze: this is not the channel for that
    [11:22pm] dblaze: you can join #what.cd-invites
    [11:22pm] dblaze: please
    [11:23pm] Peter: no
    [11:23pm] Peter: I have a question about my account
    [11:23pm] Peter: I just tried to log in and I am disabled, but I am not sure what for. Could you please help?
    [11:25pm] Peter: This tracker has quickly become my very favorite tracker. I love it. I can't think of anything that I possibly did wrong.
    [11:25pm] Peter: Oh sorry, my username is Wilton331
    [11:26pm] Peter: If you could please help me out I would be very very grateful
    [11:27pm] Peter: Please sir
    [11:33pm] Stewy|zz: Peter: Please wait, the staff may need to discuss your situation, and then you may be interviewed.
    [11:33pm] Peter: thank you for your time
    [11:37pm] You left the chat by being disconnected from the server.

.... I was permanently banned from their irc channel, and they could not even provide me with a reason why.

What else can I do? I truly love What.cd. I would really hate to lose it -- I've honestly vowed to never do anything to put my membership in jeopardy.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    bladesharp's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    whats the time delay happened there? could not see the time stamp of first message ...
    May be they got suspicious.. bad luck..sorry to hear mate

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Sorry, I must have forgot to copy/paste the first time. It was also at 11:21.
    I was actually in the room before that asking for help, but no one answered until user "dblaze" entered. Heres what happened when I first got in.

11:14pm] Peter: !MOD<Wilton331>
    [11:15pm] Peter: !MOD Wilton331
    [11:15pm] Peter: I'm sorry for doing that twice
    [11:15pm] Peter: Is there anyone here that may be able to help me?
    [11:17pm] Peter: Please? I would really appreciate it
    [11:19pm] Peter: !MODWilton331
    [11:20pm] dblaze joined the chat room.
    [11:20pm] dblaze was promoted to administrator by ChuckNorris.
    [11:20pm] dblaze was promoted to operator by ChuckNorris.
    [11:21pm] Peter: Hi dblaze, is there any way that you could please help me?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    killercam101's Avatar count-dick ass BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I have a question if you get banned does everyone on your tree branch get banned too?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Yes, I believe so.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilton331 View Post
    Yes, I believe so.

are you sure about that?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    bladesharp's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilton331 View Post
    Yes, I believe so.

are you sure about that?
    Yes, i am a victim

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by bladesharp View Post

are you sure about that?
    Yes, i am a victim
    well obviously the most recent people who he invited from here would get banned. actually when you think about it it makes sense to disable his whole invite tree, unless he's invited people from awhile back who have made contributions to the site

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by bladesharp View Post

Yes, i am a victim
    well obviously the most recent people who he invited from here would get banned. actually when you think about it it makes sense to disable his whole invite tree, unless he's invited people from awhile back who have made contributions to the site

it's the case on most trackers. i got disabled from TL cus my inviter traded too. it's a sad fact, but I can understand why they do it.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Like I said, I was disabled a couple weeks ago and they disabled all of my invitees and disallowed me from having invites in the future.

It was unfortunate, but it was something that I was willing to deal with if I was to be allowed back on the tracker.

Now, I literally have no idea why I was disabled. Did they retract the deal?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast