Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not able to surf with uTorrent open

Ghostbusters's Avatar Ectoplasmic
    Switch back first and if that doesn't work:

How many files are you seeding in utorrent, roughly how many connected peers do you have, whats your max global connection settings, & connections per torrent limit, what is your connection speed, what o/s are you using, whats your half open connection limit in your o/s ?

With all this I'm sure you'd get a pretty accurate idea of whats happening

Baby On The Way OMFG !

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I changed net.max_halfopen from *100 to *50, and so far browsing has smoothened out a bit. I can surf FST for example, which I was practically unable to do before.

I guess mbucari hit the nail on the sack. Let's see if I have to do any more alterations, or if this is enough.

I'll post back if I return to Browsing Hell ()

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    slimdogp's Avatar Token White Kid BT Rep: +1
    Good luck tweaking... If you do end up throwing some money away in the near future may I suggest a wrt54gL router with the dd-wrt 3rd party firmware. My p2p experience has been much more pleasant since I got mine..

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    SenorBubbz's Avatar /¨_¨°.-.§.-.°¨_¨\ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by VillageShaman View Post
    Thanks for the wealth of replies. The trouble, slim, is that I'm not maxing out either UL or DL speeds, and am using very little of my capacity on both. Even in that situation, my browsing is pathetic (56K-modem style, if some of you can remember those days).

I do have a router mbucari, and it is a HuaWei EchoLife HG510. And I did increase the number of connections uTorrent is allowed to make. Maybe I should change this back?
    YES.

Certain routers can only handle a certain number of connections.
    When I had my number of connections set higher than they should be, my router would crash every 10 minutes.

I suggest finding out how many connections your router can handle and changing it in uTorrent.
    o hai

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by slimdogp View Post
    Good luck tweaking... If you do end up throwing some money away in the near future may I suggest a wrt54gL router with the dd-wrt 3rd party firmware. My p2p experience has been much more pleasant since I got mine..
    Can you buy different routers to the ones the ISP suggests you to buy? Shouldn't I keep the one the company told us to purchase?

Meanwhile, while I had a few minutes of relaxation yesterday, later on in the night and today we return to the same bullshit. After tweaking 2 settings on uTorrent to make it less demanding, I'm still unable to browse absolutely anything with it open.

I wonder, does it have anything to do with the fact I'm seeding 43 torrents ATM? Is that what's killing things?

Let us know amigos, because browsing hell sure sucks donkey bawls.
    Last edited by The Flying Cow; 05-30-2008 at 08:16 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12