Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wewillhostit.com upload speeds?

Bips's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Im on a budget for a few months but still want a seedbox.
    I was wondering, has anyone had any experience with wewillhostit.com.
    And if so, what was the top upload speed you reached?

Also, with the 15gigs of storage id be getting, id be able to deleted a 7gig xbox 360 game after I seeded it back to what I wanted, right?
    Last edited by Bips; 05-30-2008 at 06:26 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Ok - i signed up just to test this for you.
    The default settings are seed to 100% [ risky tbh i woulda seeded to 150% just to make sure] but is easily changed as you start the torrent and it seems they want to limit each torrent to 300k - again this can be changed at torrent start.

On a small swarm - down speed = 800k to the server
    There were no peers to test the upload - so i used a file from revott and it appears it does not like revott
    And i know flux is an acceptable client as i use it on my server so i guess that ip is banzored - o well.

- on a side note the load on the server is quite high and it takes forever to respond to my inputs, and im not sure but i think they allow public torrents which is kinda dodgy in my eyes :s

And - i am requesting a FTP account - Hopefully they will issue one as otherwise this service is kinda pointless for me - but http downloads may be ideal for others.
    Last edited by mummysboy; 05-30-2008 at 10:22 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    killercam101's Avatar count-dick ass BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    its a horrible service, it disconnects on a lot of downloads/uploads and as right now they're having server problems because they're trying to fit too many people on 1 server.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Agree with above poster. I rarely got good ratio's on my torrents. They also die a lot so i have to restart them, and upload speeds rarely stayed above 100kB/s for a couple seconds. i seriously got more upload from my home's constant 512kbps upstream on most torrents than the shared seedbox from wewillhostit

The server I'm on is running on torrentflux 2.3 (as opposed to tf-b4rt), and on my particular server there's currently about 40 people
    Last edited by peyrinix; 05-31-2008 at 08:07 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    i would recommend a vpsland server. I paid $17.50(only needed 1 month and 1st month is free) for windows vps with 500gb BW. I average about 3MB up but have peaked at 4.3

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    I would recommend SeedLayer TorrentFlux accounts: http://seedlayer.net/torrentfluxhosting.htm I bought an account from them two days ago, they have replied to my emails within 30-60 minutes, sometimes even less than 5 minutes. I only had one problem with them (FTP not working) but they fixed that in less than an hour after I emailed them. I average at about 6 megabytes per second download speed and 7 megabytes per second upload speed. It's pretty good, as it's shared. I had low ratios on ScT and BitMeTv, and I have managed to get it up to a 1.75 ratio in less than a day, thanks to SeedLayer! You may want to check them out.. they have cheap prices and quality services. Rating: 5/5 HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    tehmrserver, this sounds too good to be true. Can you make a thread and post some screens of this box in action?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    hey KennyX will post screenshots later when i get home from work; I bought the 15$ package from them and next month ill upgrade to the 32$ plan. i always start low then high just to be safe

//edit
    KennyX: heres a screenshot of what I got on the latest FTN pack
    I could get 40-50 Mbps download and upload speed on ScT packs, and on BitMeTv I get around 10-20 Mbps download and upload speed. When theres a new pack on ScT i'll post a new screenie
    Last edited by tehmrserver; 07-05-2008 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. BitTorrent   -   #9

Question Mark

WeWillHostIt had some issues because we got too many new customers in a short period of time and our datacenter could not provide us with extra servers in time. We have now received extra server, and are also now doing vps hosting which may be better suited for some.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10

Urgent

Quote Originally Posted by wewillhostit View Post
    WeWillHostIt had some issues because we got too many new customers in a short period of time and our datacenter could not provide us with extra servers in time. We have now received extra server, and are also now doing vps hosting which may be better suited for some.
    Hi, i understand your situation but why my upload is so poor now...
    My upload speed around 20kB/s with your sever !!!!!
    why pay for a seedbox with this kind of speed !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast