Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ex-OiNK User gets arrested

I guess the police don't have anything more important to do, such as investigate violent crime. Must be a Utopian society over there in the UK.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I'm not worried.

Why?

1. He was the original uploader of a pre-release album. (I've never uploaded anything personally there)
    2. Site logs can be manipulated. Prove they weren't. Burden of proof is on the prosecution.
    3. The laws (where this person lives) are written for people who make a profit (commercial gain). He made none.

This case will probably be thrown out anyway due to #3.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    sounds like a poorly thought out publicity stunt by UK police

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    SolarisWind's Avatar Some pirate BT Rep: +1
    The laws aren't perfect, and this is the perfect example of it. Being arrested just for sharing an album and making no profit off it? That's just wrong. But in the end their efforts are in vain, since piracy will never cease to exist no matter what the anti-piracy organizations do.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    there's no source or proof of any of this happening, other than torrentfreak reporting it. don't forget this website is prone to sensationalism.

until there's a statement by someone offical, I wouldn't believe a word of it.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    No one is getting arrested. Its all scare tactics people. The police will proberly say that they arrested another 10 or 20 individuals who were uploading files just to scare the rest of the pirates off. With out proof they cant do anything.

Remember the police had to catch Alan Ellis whilst he was browsing OiNK just so that they have enough evidence to arrest the guy and take him to court. They cant just bust down your home door without without having any concrete evidence.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    EMZ's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    I agree with coder, no need to worry.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    uploaded a pre-release? :/

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Clearly it's a scare tactic. Like coder said they've really got nothing on him. Any decent lawyer would hopefully be able to get you off any criminal charges. More worrying is the fact that police appear happy to act as an enforcement arm for the record industry. When there's no crime to charge you with but the police feel free to bust your arse that's a scary situation. Though i guess there's nothing really new in that. 1984 here we come :\

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    SenorBubbz's Avatar /¨_¨°.-.§.-.°¨_¨\ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowsServant View Post
    The guy just uploaded (shared) an album. He did not make any profit whatsoever from the act. He was just sharing his music with a friend, from across the world. Or many more fiends. He bought the album or someone else did. Same difference, no one stole anything.
    Greed, this is what it's all about. These companies just want more...

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post

so when your raided you will shoot your pc right.
    PC? Dude all the effort, gone....

Dictatorship, this is what it's turning to. No more free will.

But, yup shotgun aimed at the PC. No proof that way...
    I have thermite on my hard-drive so when the cops come, my hard-drive melts.
    o hai

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast