Thread: Stingy Ea

Why will they not allow their games to be online on any platform other than ps2 and pc? Money hunger maybe?

2. Games   -   #2
    Have you read this?

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Sony Corp. 6758.T , which dominates the video game hardware market with PlayStation 2 but has seen its share of the sports game market dwindle in the face of heavy competition, on Monday said it would launch a service for its sports game players to compete online.
    The new 989SportsOnline.com is set to launch Aug. 26 to coincide with the release of the football game NFL GameDay 2004. The online service will feature message boards, tournaments, downloadable rosters and player rankings, and will let users conduct voice chats with a PS2 headset.

It will also offer a unified login, so players can access the site with one username and password no matter which 989 Sports game they are playing.

Sony's new service is set to launch one day after rival Microsoft Corp. MSFT.O releases an upgrade to its Xbox Live online gaming platform that will let subscribers conduct voice chats without being in an actual game.

The Xbox Live service is a closed one; Microsoft collects subscription fees for it and operates all the game servers, regardless of the game or publisher. Sony's platform has traditionally been decentralized, with publishers operating online services and charging at their discretion.

Electronic Arts Inc. ERTS.O , the independent publisher that dominates sports gaming, is putting all of its sports titles online on the PS2 this year, and has set up what it calls "EA Sports Nation" to link its games through common online features.

EA has refused thus far to support Xbox Live for its sports games, citing concerns about the business model. Microsoft has its own sports lineup, which it calls XSN Sports, that is also online-enabled and offers users access to message boards and player rankings.

3. Games   -   #3
    Originally posted by FrStyleKing@14 August 2003 - 02:32
    Money hunger maybe?
    Got in one - its just another example of EA being 100% focused on the bank balance rather than keeping fans of its games happy.

4. Games   -   #4
    I personally think it's a good plan. Microsoft already has it's own sports lineup and program and the PS2 can have one too. Plus, giving money to the evil Microsoft is bad... Don't want to feed Microsoft...

5. Games   -   #5
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Another MS hater 'sigh'. Feeding into what 'the government' said about MS. They haven't done anything but make YOUR computing life easier. STFU!!!!
    All EA has to do is enable LAN connectivity and Xbox's will be able to play online.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Games   -   #6
    hmm strange, what about the gamecube...r they still gonna release for them? and the phantom what about that?

7. Games   -   #7
    The phantom isn't even a real console... It runs Windows O_O All it is a computer shrunk down to console size.

Another MS hater 'sigh'. Feeding into what 'the government' said about MS. They haven't done anything but make YOUR computing life easier. STFU!!!!
    All EA has to do is enable LAN connectivity and Xbox's will be able to play online.
    I don't hate MS perse... They do make excellent software. It's just their business practices which are bad.

8. Games   -   #8
    Originally posted by Xilo@14 August 2003 - 04:13
    It runs Windows
    so wtf does that mean dreamcast runs windows

I personally think it's a good plan. Microsoft already has it's own sports lineup and program and the PS2 can have one too. Plus, giving money to the evil Microsoft is bad... Don't want to feed Microsoft... 
    989 is the sports program not ea

hmm strange, what about the gamecube...r they still gonna release for them? and the phantom what about that?
    i dont think anymore online game will be coming to GC soon lol all they got is pso and because of that they took the BBA off the shelves

9. Games   -   #9
    so wtf does that mean dreamcast runs windows
    No not a Windows CE version or anything like that but actually Windows XP is what it runs... So it's just a crappy mini computer that you can only get stuff from downloading from the infinilabs network.

10. Games   -   #10
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    989 is Sony
    Why would EA make competing Football game?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232