Thread: What IP am I seeding from?

Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Ok, so I finally let my tzulo box lapse and am going to use my OVH box fulltime now.

I do share the seedbox with another person and we both plan on using it on BMTV. Now I know BMTV is a bit spooky when it comes to multiple accounts coming from one IP so I added a second one according to the NAQ's guide.

The question I have is how do I know if it's reporting that second IP to the tracker.

I asked a few tracker admins for help and none of them didn't know how to check to see what IP i'm seeding from just the one I'm logged in on. How do I find out if it's reporting correctly?
    See ya in another life, brother.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    TidusBlade's Avatar Watermelon Knight BT Rep: +3
    Well, the best way would probably be to create a small torrent, let your friend download it, and look at the peer list, he should be able to see your seeding IP...?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    You could have asked BCG, (if your a member) we know what IP your seeding from.

But then we are down atm because of the server move, so cant help you now, or at least not for a bit anyway.

Other than that im not to sure, tbh im not sure what trackers use this feature thats built into XBTT as its a resource hog to say the least.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by TidusBlade View Post
    Well, the best way would probably be to create a small torrent, let your friend download it, and look at the peer list, he should be able to see your seeding IP...?
    Cool i'll check this method out first.

Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    You could have asked BCG, (if your a member) we know what IP your seeding from.

But then we are down atm because of the server move, so cant help you now, or at least not for a bit anyway.

Other than that im not to sure, tbh im not sure what trackers use this feature thats built into XBTT as its a resource hog to say the least.
    Yeah, i'm not a member at BCG but if any other tracker admins can help me with this please feel free to PM me.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    in .rtorrent.rc

just add these two lines:

bind = xx.xx.xx.xx
    ip = xx.xx.xx.xx

and do this also for the other user with the other IP

instead if you are using bittornado you will need to manually hack the sources:
    http://forums.degreez.net/viewtopic.php?p=28455

for other clients, dunno

anyway most of the trackers show your ip on each torrent... torrentbytes and sct does that for sure

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    I asked my buddy who's a sysop on one of the trackers that'm a member of and he was able to find out what IP i was seeding from. Thanks for your help guys!